Attempting to use the "Reader-driven doc dev" test demo denied

I wanted to discuss a doc tiddler so figured I was going to use @Mark_S 's temporary demo/testingsite, as discussed in Reader-drived doc dev. Unfortunately, after having the tiddler text auto-copied to the talk editor and adding some other comments, attempting to post it, i.e clicking Create Topic results in modal:

Is this intentional?

Once it transferred to the tt site, anything that happens must be a Discourse thing. What tiddler were you modifying?

count Operator

Hmm. It let me make the thread. I added a pun. Did you add anything … maybe a URL or something?

All of the content below this line is what I attempted to post. My intent was to do a follow up post with the actual issue I had with the doc text. As you see it does contain a link and other stuff. That not good?

The following is a semi-automatically generated text using the experimental feature discussed in Reader-driven doc development and @Mark_S temporary TW mirror. The idea is to post a copy of the tiddlers text so a discussion thread can follow thereafter.

As the thread title states, it concerns the count Operator doc, which reads as follows:

The number of the entries in the input list is counted and a decimal representation returned as a single string.

<<.operator-examples "count">>

Is it consistent? Could you try again? Here’s a picture of my post (which I’ll delete).

Aha! What seems to fail is that I’m denied to post to the “default inserted” category “Community Projects”. Maybe you have admin rights that I don’t have? Is it a public category?

Oh? Maybe. I thought it was an open, public community. Obviously we need a public thread or sub-thread for this to work. I’m not sure if the idea has legs, though.

Well, I doubt people will suddenly rush to edit tiddlers but one could also say that the doc PR contributions overall don’t have very long legs. I do expect myself to use this feature though :slight_smile:

Did you have a chance to look up if the “Community Projects” category is generally open for posting to? If that, indeed, is the appropriate category to use. I don’t mind, but there was talk about other categories… or maybe those were tags?

Oops. I guess the category slug documentation is better. I’ve updated the mirror. The documentation category shouldn’t require approval. But I’m not sure if it needs to be addressed as a subcategory. Maybe give it a try?

I raised the question, but no one responded. Thus the comment about legs. Tagging these posts as “tiddlers” might be a good idea. The syntax allows for that.

1 Like