Astounding UX enhancement and proposal from Eric!

Over on GitHub, @EricShulman has proposed a fabulous idea to extend the behavior of the export button in $:/AdvancedSearch filter tab – the ability to drag/drop the filter results (tiddlers) directly to another TiddlyWiki.

In my view, that simple change would make for a UX game-changer. :trophy:

You can, like I did, add your support for such a feature request by logging into GitHub and adding a :rocket: or :+1: to his post.

And while you’re there (and on a related area of development) you could show @jeremyruston similar support for this related issue.

5 Likes

I am already using this as a separate button (which was obviously created with @EricShulman help)

See this discussion How to save new filters as templates and add drag and drop functionality to search results of advanced search- filter tab

1 Like

Here is another favourite of mine

Careful you don’t drift the thread.

I already have a solution to drag and drop the items listed by advanced search filter, as a JSON of tiddlers or bookmarklet, for subsequent installation on any wiki.

• I have revisited it of late because it is easy to use to filter large lists but harder to subsequently exclude one or more titles from that list.

To test it see https://bookmarklets.tiddlyhost.com/ and advanced search > Filter, the first icon is a JSON that can be dragged elsewhere. If clicked it does the equivalent of Export > JSON

@EricShulman

Is this the requested solution? I will look in GitHub