Are some threads better than others?

I have grown to appreciate Discourse.

I have a general malaise though about threads that seem more than addressing specific functional issues get lost quickly. Here can end up in the same undifferentiated swamp as the GG?

To give an example. The recent thread User Stories … has (good) implications outside the normal flow.

Will it be alive and noticed tomorrow?

How will we PERSIST decent broad initiatives here?

TT

I think the key is the search on Discourse feels much more polished so even if something gets buried quickly, you can still find it later. I still find the Discourse forum is still not completely full, in the sense you should be able to search for anything and find a reasonable solution or a breadcrumb trail eventually leading to the right answer. For example the Google Group is great because it’s been around for so long and I still search for things related to TiddlyWikiClassic from time to time, so I know if I search for something very generic, the year it was posted gives a certain amount of context about whether or not the post will be helpful.

But maybe the solution is a topic dedicated to these pinned topics. A “TiddlyTweeter User Experience Feedback” topic of topics.

I’m not sure. Though I thought the question worth asking and your reply relevant.

Why? Because there are issues that come up every so often of lasting relevance. They don’t provide answers to specific issues but can enhance TW more generally. The issue with these is they can get quickly lost.

Re your points on searching, which are dead correct, I think, I was more concerned “How would you know they exist?” You can’t so easily search for items one is not so clear exist?

Just comments
TT