Any plugin to edit tag on view mode?

I want to add/remove tag quickly, without enter edit mode and confirm the edit.

I find no such plugin on CPL, do you know any plugin that exists? (Better not shadowing core tiddlers like tw-xp’s one)

I think it should be easy to implement. eg:

IMO fast editing way

• Create a tiddler
title: $:/editions/tw5.com/TiddlerInfo/Tags
tags: $:/tags/TiddlerInfo
caption: Tags
code-body:yes

<$edit field=tags class="tc-max-width"/>

Suboptimal way

Create a tiddler

title: edit-tags/in-view-template
list-before: $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/classic
tags: $:/tags/ViewTemplate

<% if [{config/edit-tags/in-view-template}match[yes]] %>
{{||$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/tags}}
<% endif %>

If the tiddler config/edit-tags/in-view-template contains yes then the editor will be shown.

Built in way

Use the core $:/Manager

2 Likes

An other possibility for the tiddler info section

title: $:/editions/tw5.com/TiddlerInfo/Tags
tags: $:/tags/TiddlerInfo
caption: Tags
code-body:yes

<style>
.tc-tiddler-info {
  overflow:visible;
}
</style>
{{||$:/core/ui/EditTemplate/tags}}

This needs a bit of CSS STYLE trickery, to show the tag dropdown

1 Like

Saq had previously shared something similar - Sandbox — experimental doodads

Info tab is a way, thank you for sharing.

But to make it a plugin that works for new users, I think affordance matters here, affordance means let new user see the trigger immediately.
Same for transclusion editor, most note app allow edit transclusion target in-place, while this is still a todo for TiddlyWiki.

So I’d prefer Saq’s way mentioned by @arunnbabu81 . The edit button should near the tags. But sadly it also shadow the $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/tags tiddler.

I think maybe a better way is to add a cascade to this part, and in cascade filter detect if it switched to “edit mode”, if so cascade to an edit template.

What is your reason to want to avoid overriding a shadow tiddler in this situation? This is not a part of the UI that is likely to change in an incompatible manner in the core.

Just in case there are view mode update in the core, because view mode of it isn’t beautiful enought like notion yet. And many of TidGi user use it like Notion, they don’t know anything under the hood, so they may never receive update from shadowed tiddler. So I prefer not shadowing anything in my plugins.

And this plugin should only add a edit mode, so better if there is a cascade.

No plugin needed, I have a package called reimagine tags that includes remove tag from here, on the tag pill dropdown.

one tiddler solution attached $__PSaT_reimagine-tags_remove-tag.json (888 Bytes)

As foundation for the plugin linonetwo/edit-tags-on-view-mode

A PR is merged feat: allow tags have its ViewTemplate tag and cascade by linonetwo · Pull Request #8462 · TiddlyWiki/TiddlyWiki5 · GitHub (Have screenshot here)

It only works after v5.2.6 (not released yet)

Good Job!
Thank you @linonetwo!