Another wild idea. Identifying main tiddler in the river

I have written various supporting tiddlers for various types of tiddlers. Ex. A photograph tiddler has a supporting tiddler to create and edit an image map. When a photograph tiddler is viewable in the river (not in draft mode) this supportive tiddler is available in the sidebar to identify faces (an image map) where the user can associate the defined areas in the photograph to other tiddlers (such as a person tiddler). The user does not need to know HTML. The idea is as you edit the areas in the sidebar they can be tested and viewed in real time in the photograph shown in the river.

I have other types of supportive tiddlers, like one to create a table of contents for a PDF document, another to edit data sets for graphs. Instead of multiple side bar tabs I want one that is smart, it automatically shows the supporting tiddler based on the main/top viewable tiddler in the river.

Therefore there are two things I need to workout.

1. Determine the main tiddler in the river
  2. Auto change the content in the supportive sidebar tiddler based on that determination

Thoughts?

1 Like

I have seen the discussion of tiddler, subtiddler! I assume these as subtiddler.
I think of main/sub or main:sum, …
So tittle has some a visual format one can distinguish them as subtiddler, other tiddlers are main tiddler

In discussions about a focused tiddler we can find the most recently opened tiddler in a field of the $:/StoryList using this as the tiddler titles to test for its subtiddlers in the sidebar. My focused tiddler solution also allows you to force focus on a tiddler already in the story.

Onece you have this mechanisium in place the sidebar can reflect the focused tiddler automaticaly.