Another stab at book reading notes TW

https://giffmex.org/experiments/2023.notes.html#The%20Pleasures%20of%20Reading%20in%20an%20Age%20of%20Distraction%20(Jacobs)

Not so different from Stroll’s backlinks, but this differentiates between backlinks from sources, from projects I might collect quotes on, from biblical passages (I am a pastor), and from note tiddlers. It also hides the links of the current tiddler in a div, since when taking notes I don’t like all the links distracting from the text of the note. And since the links are hidden in the div, the reference area also shows missing links, so I can click to create them and tag them. Also, the lists are list-searches, so click in the box “Related tiddlers” and type whim to see it filter the results. Also, the list results are details elements, so you can either click to read in place, or click the asterisk to open the tiddler.

Probable next step: have two separate list item templates, and two separate view template tiddlers, and a button from the sidebar to toggle them, so the details toggle between open and closed. I know how to do this, but it is almost bedtime, and I won’t be able to get back to this until a few days from now, so I can attend to my work.

3 Likes