I am delighted to announce the release of TiddlyWiki v5.3.1 at:
This release comes relatively swiftly after v5.3.0, and is largely intended to fix a number of minor issues with that release:
- Reverted adding the
widget.destroy()method because of performance concerns (see implemented destroy() function by buggyj · Pull Request #7468 · Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 · GitHub)
fixed inefficiency when transcluding with the $output attribute set to
text/plainthat manifested itself as extremely slow export times
- fixed unwanted error message “Global assignment is not allowed within modules on node”
There are also some other improvements and bug fixes:
- improved ImportVariablesWidget and Pragma: \import to trim whitespace when parsing tiddlers
- extended WidgetMessage: tm-http-request to handle binary responses (demo)
- fixed table of contents indentation
- fixed bindStatus and bindProgress parameters of WidgetMessage: tm-http-request
- fixed attribute substitution to handle variables containing non-word characters
- fixed the pragmas introduced in v5.3.0 so that they can be indented with whitespace
- fixed size of tiddler icons
- fixed drag and drop from Chrome-like browsers to Firefox
- fixed listIndex mode of checkbox widgets
You can upgrade your existing single file wikis here:
For Node.js users, the new version is available on npm at tiddlywiki - npm
As usual, please exercise caution when upgrading, and take care to keep backup copies of everything important.
My thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, from code contributions to feedback. We’re phenomenally lucky to have so many people willing to help, and it is much appreciated.
Any questions or comments are welcome here, or via GitHub.