Announcing the release of TiddlyWiki v5.2.6

I’m delighted to announce the release of TiddlyWiki v5.2.6 at:

https://tiddlywiki.com/

Some highlights of the new features and improvements – see the release note for the full list of changes:

• A new improved Markdown plugin with extended syntax and simpler tiddler links
  • Better handling of loss of network connectivity with the client-server configuration
  • New diff-match-patch primitives for computing the similarity of strings, and making and applying patches that represent the differences between two different texts
  • Fixed the Share Plugin
  • Fixed pasting text into the CodeMirror editor
  • And last but not least, a revised “save wiki” icon that is intended to be more accessible for users without colour vision

You can upgrade your existing single file wikis here:

https://tiddlywiki.com/upgrade.html

For Node.js users, the new version is available on npm at tiddlywiki - npm

As usual, please exercise caution when upgrading, and take care to keep backup copies of everything important.

I’d like to thank everyone who has contributed to this release.

Any questions or comments are welcome here, or via GitHub.

16 Likes

NEW Features in TW 5.2.6
I love indenting pragmas with whitespace

In TW 5.2.6 code (wikitext) readability improved! It supports for indenting pragmas with whitespace, which helps readability particularly in nested macros.

Example

\define Outer()
  \define inner()
    Hello Jeremy!
  \end inner
This is a test! <<inner>>
\end Outer

<<Outer>>

Ref

3 Likes

Great update! I was eagerly awaiting the focusStartFromEnd assuming it was going to place the cursor, “ready to type” at the end. I now realize that you manually provide the starting and ending positions. With enough experimentation for my “cursor at the end” scenario (which I assume is a common one?) it appears that I’d have to calculate the length of the entry via filtered transclusion or variable and then feed that to the focusStartFromStart variable instead. On a whim I tried setting it to just “-1”, which appears to the right answer!

All of which is to say that I’d suggest adding the “-1” value to the documentation. Maybe just append, “-1 places the start of the selection to the end of the text” before the “, etc.”

1 Like