Announcing the release of TiddlyWiki v5.2.4

[EDIT] There is a hotfix release (5.2.5) commissioned by @jeremyruston for a CSS issue identified by @EricShulman. You would do better to upgrade to 5.2.5 rather than 5.2.4.
~@CodaCoder

I’m delighted to announce the release of TiddlyWiki v5.2.4 at:

https://tiddlywiki.com/

Some highlights of the many new features and improvements – see the release note for the full list of changes:

• New Twitter Achivist plugin to import the tweets and associated media from a Twitter Archive as individual tiddlers
  • New Genesiss Widget that allows the dynamic construction of another widget, where the name and attributes of the new widget can be dynamically determined, without needing to be known in advance
  • New filter operators for reading and formatting JSON data: jsonget, jsonindexes, jsontype, jsonextract and format:json
  • Added support for nested macro definitions
  • Updates to using the view template body cascade in the edit preview and when opening tiddlers in new windows
  • Fixed folded tiddlers to ensure that the unfold button is always visible
  • Fixed EditTextWidget to remove the default text “Type the text for the tiddler ‘foo’”
  • Fixed truncated search results on narrow screens
  • Fixed table contents overflow on narrow screens
  • Fixed problem with lazy loading under Node.js deleting tiddler bodies under certain circumstances

You can upgrade your existing single file wikis here:

https://tiddlywiki.com/upgrade.html

For Node.js users, the new version is available on npm at tiddlywiki - npm

As usual, please exercise caution when upgrading, and take care to keep backup copies of everything important.

I’d like to thank everyone who has contributed to this release. We’re keeping up a decent pace of releases at the moment and it’s great to see so many people involved.

Any questions or comments are welcome here, or via GitHub.

18 Likes

The new JSON filter operators are a much appreciated addition. :pray: The startup banner is just :sparkling_heart:

A post was split to a new topic: Issue upgrading to TW v5.2.4 with online upgrade function

Thank you Jeremy! Thank you all! :wave: :smiley: :+1:

With no idea this was due any time soon (not paying attention), I upgraded a Node Server that was running my project, because it was using 5.2.2, and I wanted it on the latest and greatest 5.2.3. Was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was later and greater!

Thanks for all the hard work, and the excellent product.

A post was split to a new topic: How to convert epoch timestamp back to TW default format

Thank you @jeremyruston

TiddlyWiki gets strong and stronger. Among all exciting features announced in TW 5.2.4 I love the nested macro feature, which allows me to develop more readable, and maintainable WikiText codes.

1 Like

Great, I’m going to upgrade the dependency in the Tidgi this weekend.

1 Like