After upgrading to 5.3.1 - "Discard changes to this tiddler" button no longer works

After upgrading to 5.3.1 my “Discard changes to this tiddler” button no longer works.

The “Discard changes and close this tiddler” button still works though so I can live with that.

I am using Telmiger’s EditButtons plugin 1.0.7 found here: Plugins — Utilities for TiddlyWiki

I tried looking for the “Discard changes to this tiddler” system or shadow tiddlers but don’t know what they are called or what should be in them.

Use <<tag $:/tags/EditToolbar>> to see the tiddlers displayed as buttons on the edit template.

I assume discard refers to $:/plugins/telmiger/EditButtons/Buttons/cancel-and-close

I dont have a problem with this on 5.3.1

Perhaps open the plugin and look in the contents tab to see if any of the plugin tiddler have being overridden.

The plugin version I have is 1.0.7

Thank you so much!

It was the $:/core/ui/Buttons/cancel that wasn’t working.

I went back in to the un-upgraded Tiddlywiki, got the code from the old $:/core/ui/Buttons/cancel and pasted it in to the new $:/core/ui/Buttons/cancel.

Voila, the button is working!

Old code that I pulled into the upgrade to replace the new:

<$button message="tm-cancel-tiddler" tooltip={{$:/language/Buttons/Cancel/Hint}} aria-label={{$:/language/Buttons/Cancel/Caption}} class=<<tv-config-toolbar-class>>>
<$list filter="[<tv-config-toolbar-icons>match[yes]]">
{{$:/core/images/cancel-button}}
</$list>
<$list filter="[<tv-config-toolbar-text>match[yes]]">
<span class="tc-btn-text"><$text text={{$:/language/Buttons/Cancel/Caption}}/></span>
</$list>
</$button>

New code that had to be swapped out for the old:

\whitespace trim
<$button actions=<<cancel-delete-tiddler-actions "cancel">> tooltip={{$:/language/Buttons/Cancel/Hint}} aria-label={{$:/language/Buttons/Cancel/Caption}} class=<<tv-config-toolbar-class>>>
<$list filter="[<tv-config-toolbar-icons>match[yes]]">
{{$:/core/images/cancel-button}}
</$list>
<$list filter="[<tv-config-toolbar-text>match[yes]]">
<span class="tc-btn-text"><$text text={{$:/language/Buttons/Cancel/Caption}}/></span>
</$list>
</$button>

There was no $:/core/ui/Buttons/cancel in the EditButtons plugin. Don’t know if that means anything.