Advanced Search in Fields Plugin: New Updates

I will have a look at Shiraz to see if I can push a patch!

2 Likes

@Mohammad, I hope, between all the great things you are doing, you are still thinking about “Search In Fields”?

It is worth noting that TW search supports simple emojis with regex too …

In the example the one tiddler contains a full smiley and a kiss separated by other characters. The “[\s\S]+” gets round the issue in the browser implementation of JS regex that “dot” won’t match newlines.

Wanting to keep this live
TT

1 Like

Ciao @Mohammad, your “two-step approach” (i.e. scope & match-pattern are separate) is, very good for being better able to focus on the specific match pattern …

Here is an example that uses a regex Unicode Range to match a Tiddler with Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics …

Best wishes
TT

1 Like

Hi TT
Many thanks. I add your examples to doc!
Just bookmark these and will return to them.

1 Like

Scope Needs A Bit Of Love :smiley:

One issue that came up was LIMITING numbers of Tiddlers whilst testing a regex … SCOPE is the best way to do that!

I have a use case that needs that. It is over 13,000 tiddlers.

For initial editing I need to sample one-in-500 initially to gauge what needs doing.

Using the “scope” is the best way to limit returned Tiddlers I think.

So the Scope Filter here is: [all[tiddlers]!is[system]regexp[Perry Mason \d+?(5|0)00$]] to return every 500th item … result …

1 Like

Advanced Search in Fields just got a new update

Release 0.9.0

• Mar 9th, 2023
  • [NEW] Updated to Tiddlywiki 5.2.5
  • [NEW] Icon for toggling plain/table view of result
  • [FIXED] Extra space issues with UI
  • [FIXED] Options and selected fields settings now are stored in config tiddlers to be saved between sessions

Code and demo

3 Likes