Advanced Search in Fields Plugin: New Updates

@coda You are so sweet. I was one of those people subjected to the Nuffield “New Maths”. I can’t do long division. I can count in any base. I spent 3 years counting in weird bases and doing topology.

Regarding the numbers here, the 0001 is as good as any other, including ABC1

De facto, caro

… drawing out mention of “binary” is irrelevant, if not, de facto, wrong. The digits 0 and 1 are included in the hexadecimal character set (class). Same would be true of “decimal” and “octal” and any other base equal to 16-<base>.

Only saying this in case @Mohammad chooses to use the same text in the docs.

Yes. Dear Hexa, binary is simply 0/1, I understand you can’t cope with small long numbers. They are not inferior, though I do understand your bias to larger.

My binary 1,000,000 is your hex 40. Let’s jam! All long numbers start with 1 …

“There are 10 kinds of people… those who understand binary… and those who don’t.”

1 Like

As a friend of mine once said “the old ones are the old ones” :wink:

1 Like

Ciao @EricShulman that is so funny! I will use it with my Italian students as a bit of a challenge. Once you “get it” it is hilarious!

Grazie mille
TT

Eek. I missed that. You are right, you are on the page ahead …, the match should be …

How would we match Binary through to Hexadecimals
—which are either the entire title or just the end of the title, of length of four numerals, ending in 1?

• (^|\s)[0-9A-Fa-f]{3}1$

OR …

• (?i)(^|\s)[0-9A-F]{3}1$” (case insensitive)

TT

Small Issue: If you change “Search Tid” setting the Regex Patterns drop-down doesn’t work

I changed searchTid to …

\define searchTid()  $:/temp/advancedsearch/input/regex

But the “Regex Pattern” dropdown doesn’t work once you change it.

Best wishes
TT

Suggestion: Allow inline-edit mode to be toggled on from the sidebar

This is such a useful feature and works very well. Maybe many users would use it if it were easily toggled on and off??

Best wishes
TT

Hello Mohammad,

can you tell me please, where the background color is set?

Thanks
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
I have not any color set! I think that is Tiddlywiki itself!
By the way I will check!
Lets see what other says!

What color palette are you using?

@Mohammad
I use Twilight…
grafik

@StS
Stefan, if you look at $:/plugins/kookma/search/styles/main, you see I have not used any colors!

I see the problem is with tables from Shiraz!
I will have a look, but Shiraz uses Bootstrap 4.1 which does not support dark theme!
I plan to update to Bootstrap 5, but it takes time! :wink: Please also note some of TW palettes like Twilight have not colors for all UI elements and that causes many problems.

If you can use other dark palettes, give a try Spartan night or Gruvbox dark!

@Mohammad - thanks for feedback :slight_smile:

I checked all pallettes - background color of pulldown is NOK for:

• Cupertino Dark
  • Spartan Night
  • Twilight

I will have a look at Shiraz to see if I can push a patch!

2 Likes

@Mohammad, I hope, between all the great things you are doing, you are still thinking about “Search In Fields”?

It is worth noting that TW search supports simple emojis with regex too …

In the example the one tiddler contains a full smiley and a kiss separated by other characters. The “[\s\S]+” gets round the issue in the browser implementation of JS regex that “dot” won’t match newlines.

Wanting to keep this live
TT

1 Like

Ciao @Mohammad, your “two-step approach” (i.e. scope & match-pattern are separate) is, very good for being better able to focus on the specific match pattern …

Here is an example that uses a regex Unicode Range to match a Tiddler with Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics …

Best wishes
TT

1 Like

Hi TT
Many thanks. I add your examples to doc!
Just bookmark these and will return to them.

1 Like

Scope Needs A Bit Of Love :smiley:

One issue that came up was LIMITING numbers of Tiddlers whilst testing a regex … SCOPE is the best way to do that!

I have a use case that needs that. It is over 13,000 tiddlers.

For initial editing I need to sample one-in-500 initially to gauge what needs doing.

Using the “scope” is the best way to limit returned Tiddlers I think.

So the Scope Filter here is: [all[tiddlers]!is[system]regexp[Perry Mason \d+?(5|0)00$]] to return every 500th item … result …

1 Like

Advanced Search in Fields just got a new update

Release 0.9.0

• Mar 9th, 2023
  • [NEW] Updated to Tiddlywiki 5.2.5
  • [NEW] Icon for toggling plain/table view of result
  • [FIXED] Extra space issues with UI
  • [FIXED] Options and selected fields settings now are stored in config tiddlers to be saved between sessions

Code and demo

3 Likes