Admin: "Latest" just means Posts? Yes?

Discourse I’m beginning to like more BUT some things seem nuts I need get clear on …

By “Latest” posts does it mean a LIST OF ALL POSTS (I mean ALL posts) with LATEST FIRST?

Asking for a friend
TT

Latest is sorted by “Activity”

As you can see it changed after my post.

Which means “Sort: Latest Post First” (I assume ?)

@pmario, pushing on with this a bit, for the sake of clarity … the LATEST column should (if you scrolled enough) include the OLDEST too at its end?

Globally pinned, THEN latest first.

And “new” (not updated) posts have blue dots:

And by “new”, discourse means “new to me”.

Minus categories or posts or tags that you have set to Mute :wink:

Also, your personal “notification list” when you click on your avatar is technically all of the stuff you’ve chosen to be notified about.

I have my settings so that I only get notified for first posts of new topics, and thereafter only on topics I participate in.

I can still browse into Latest or others, but I’m not attempting to read every post.

In @boris last post, look at the image of the personal “notification list.

I have found that the icons on the left can be very informative and may influence which I care about.

Also clicking on your avatar > person Icon > summary > notifications you and review all “your notifications” in a full screen and filter them using the items to the left.

I believe you could set this to your default view or capture the link and open it in a tab.