Admin: Issues On Topic Closure Timing ... 14, not 3?

I think it SILLY to have closed @TW_Tones’ initiated topic (below) after 3 DAYS inactivity.
Far too short??
14 DAYS might suit our groupish style better I think??

I actually wanted to comment on @TW_Tones’ points. (Often I need think about some issues for at least a week before replying).
It would be far better for me to be able (and others, I think) to comment in the original thread rather than via additional spawns.

In a sense this comment is an “instancing” of the issue @TW_Tones wrote about.
I think it really is an issue.

If you re-open the original I will comment further

Best, TT

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning it! I had forgotten about this experiment :slight_smile:

Clearly, not closing the topic as @TW_Tones had suggested is the right setting for this feature.

I have re-opened that particular post, and also changed the admin setting to simply not close topics.

This can be adjusted in the future to 14 days – or we can simply leave it turned off. The original poster can still close topics as they see fit, just like by default they are the ones that select a “solved” response.

Note: not turned on for anything other than #meta – we can enable it for specific categories, or turn it on globally.

1 Like

As discussed before No need to auto close anything, however if we do perhaps a particular topic or category but state that up front. I would still like the original poster to be able to flag the whole topic as solved, if not a particular solution, just so we all know they are happy. However “solved or otherwise” conversations in this community often continue happily over months, if not years. Eg following a TiddlyWiki release, a published plugin or even humorous or conceptual discussions.

That seems appropriate. The author of the OP being able to do that, I think, is actually good–in that it gives a sense of basic when enough is enough already.
In Italian “Basta!”

One further ISSUE for closed topics though. Is it true on Discourse that for closed threads you can no longer :heart: a post??

Right. A case in point would be the type of long-running, intermittent, thread that … [https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/kyCE8fLwUoU/m/26zxsksvBwAJ](I love TiddlyWiki because…) is.

1 Like

April Mc Sensie of Oxford, Siberia would be outraged.

Ciao Steve

April is alive and well, having moved to Moscow, Scotland.

TT