Adding nested sidebar to Projectify - and a text box that can be directed from tiddler?

Hi, I hope these aren’t too basic questions - I have tried to search but if someone could point me in the right direction I’d be really grateful.

I’m hoping to use Projectify for organisation of non collaborative tasks and projects. I love that tasks can be turned into sub projects by the addition of sub tasks. What I would like is for these to be accessible in a nested way from the side bar. The side bar currently offers ‘projects’, but I would like for these to be the top level of an expandable nested menu that then shows the sub projects. The side bar menu seems to be a Projectify plug in - is there another way to achieve this, please?

The second question is whether there is a way to take notes in a text box without having to enter the tiddler edit mode? I ask this because we can add tasks directly in tiddler, but not from the edit mode, but I can add text in the edit mode and not directly in the tiddler. This means I can’t do notes and tasks at the same time, which would be really great.

Welcome J_F !

$__plugins_nico_projectify_NotebookSidebar_Projects.tid (487 Bytes)
I managed to do this for my projects. You can import this tiddler to your wiki to achieve what you want.

Happy Projectifying !

Cool, thank you, I’ll give that a go!

Hi Thomas, I’m sorry, could you tell me more how you managed to get this to what you wanted, please? I’m not getting the results.

I just tried on the projectify site online and it seems to work.

1. Download the .tid file via the link I gave you in my previous message.

2. Open your wiki and import this .tid file to your wiki (just drop the file on the wiki or use the imort menu)

3. Once imported, a new entry is visible in the side menu with a list of the projects and their tasks (here on the illustration see the open Projects menu).

1 Like

Thank you for trying that for me. Weirdly, that’s exactly what I tried. But I created a table of contents tiddler and put that on the sidebar which also seemed to work. But I’m going to try the plugin again to see why it wasn’t working!

I have taken a somewhat different approach, I set a category on one or more tiddlers then list them as a group in a sidebar tab;

<$list filter="[tag[Project]category[Personal]]">
<div class="py-sidebar-section" style="background-color: #F0F8FF; padding: 0 1em 0 .2em;">
    <$droppable actions=<<project-refile-actions>>>
	{{||$:/plugins/nico/projectify/ui/dashboard/ProjectListItem}}
    </$droppable> <hr style="margin: 0 0 0 0;">
</div>
<$list filter="[all[tiddlers]tag<currentTiddler>tag[SubProject]]" counter=item>
<div class="py-sidebar-section"  style="background-color: #F5F5DC; padding: 0 0 0 2em;">
    <$droppable actions=<<project-refile-actions>>>
	{{||$:/plugins/nico/projectify/ui/dashboard/ProjectListItem}}
    </$droppable>
</div>
</$list>
</$list>

Which still opens the subprojects, but of a reduced set of projects;
Snag_74eebc9a

The key advantages are;

• I can drop any title to have it Moved to the project/SubProject
  • I can see a count of outstanding items
  • and click to open the project