Adding a buy now and download option?

I want to be able to sell ebooks from my new website (which is still under construction). I don’t need a full shop, just the ability to add a buy now button to several different books, and when someone does buy, give them the option to download the ebook they have purchased.

If there is an option to pick a format, such as epub, mobi or pdf, that would be great. And for each format, there would have to be a different download.

I would be happy to connect with PayPal for payment. I could use a PayPal button, if necessary, but that still leaves the instant download issue.

My questions are:

Is the above possible?
Would the download be secure?
Would the actual files be hidden from the public, considering I will be using GitHub which is mainly a file sharing website?

All suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

What about using https://leanpub.com? They have a storefront to support payments, and provide a landing page for each book. It might be worth looking into.

You can upload your own book, or write on their site in Markdown, then convert that to various formats like EPUB, PDF, etc.

Thank for the tip. I’ll take a look.

Yes, 1. Yes, easy as but the following questions would be No

I recommend using a separate site or service designed to process payments and only then allow download that building this into a single file wiki.

• This also has the benefit of using other security related features
  • You can still use your wiki to showcase your products, display previews, organise etc…
  • You may be able to include the shop within an iframe
  • You need to think about exporting static tiddlers for search engin Juice.