About dev dependencies

Continuing Consolidate GitHub Organizations for TiddlyWiki · Issue #6565 · Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 · GitHub

Actually, I think those devDependencies are very helpful, most of them are eslint and typescript related, which helps me quickly find simple mistacks.

They will make the development happy, by providing instant feedback (no error is a kind of feedback) and confidence. I believe that as an open-source developer, dev happiness is one of the most important things that keeps us coding free code (the other may be the feeling of contributing to a community).

I’m very busy in my daily job, so I will need these to keep my motivation on opensource. And make sure my limited spare time doesn’t wasted in simple errors like undefined is not an object and null is not a function.

And about npm supply chain attack @pmario , I have pin the dependency as suggested by renovate, this will keep some of bad minor version update from my product.

1 Like

Hi @linonetwo I’m fairly relaxed about the dev dependencies that we have, and wouldn’t object in principle to adding more tools.

I would very much like to improve our npm integration/usage: we still don’t use npm tasks properly, as I think you recently noted with with reference to the tests.