A TodoList for Kids

I stumbled upon Oliva Ng Codepen page and found this amazing pen.

Note how plants are growing as you complete the tasks!

I thought it is a nice plugin for TiddlyWiki Kids :wink:

3 Likes

I really like this and, frankly, that tangible visualization would probably trick me into finishing up tasks better too.

BTW, Iā€™m pretty sure we could do this in TW without extra JS. One idea would be a randomly chosen image that gradually gets revealed for each task you do. Kind of like a puzzle, piece by piece. I can imagine a certain type of images that would certainly make me want to tick off tasks.

1 Like

Hi Mat,
It would be great to have this on Tiddlywiki with or without JS.

I am the first user of your implementation in Tiddlywiki.:grinning:

Sounds like a project for a rainy day. Iā€™m fiddling with some other stuff at the moment but it does sound like a fun project.

ā€¦But Iā€™m certain you can rather easily do it yourself if you wanted to! An image as a backgroundā€¦ covered with something, perhaps its own css :before elementā€¦ and if you have 5 tasks then for each ticked off task 1/5 of the covering element is removed by shrinking the size of the coverā€¦ Not as neat as puzzle pieces but itā€™s just one idea of probably a zillion methodsā€¦

1 Like

I have a method that counts todo tiddlers done today, which grows the more I tick off. However I do consider the difference between ā€œdone today and created todayā€ separately from ā€œdone today and created previouslyā€.

• I could imagine different types of reward for tags with different ā€œagesā€.