A peculiar PR request

Implementing anything like this is intricately tied with the work of opening up the core to be expressed more so in wikitext and thus hackable. In particular we need to provide affordances to replace the current JavaScript only hooks with equivalent wikitext based affordances. This is a non-trivial amount of work. Parameterized transclusions are the first step in this direction.

Trying to address the expressed needs independently of implementing wikitext affordances for hooks would likely lead to two similar but conflicting mechanisms for customizing core behaviour.

You should see our linter configs. shudder The number of ending new line fights I get into with co-workers is absurd. IIRC POSIX specs attempted to stop the ending new-line holy war by putting it into their specs but it didn’t work and we still to this day have holy wars over a measly 1010 at the end of a file.

1 Like

But you could specify in the plugin which core version it works with, right?

When all you have are monkeys, everything starts to look like a coconut.

1 Like

So you volunteer to maintain the list which UI element works with which core-version and which compatibility requirement needs to be used. … Are you sure? :wink:

1 Like

No, that’s making the problem unnecessarily big. But whoever is distributing the plugin (e.g. Mat), will be aware of whether they need to issue a new plugin for a particular TW release.

I have absolutely no idea what any of that means :upside_down_face: but it gives me a warm feeling that it is a well kosher probe into inevitables.

TT