A multi-column Layout / Storyview

Hi Simon,

Thank you for implementing a way to make the story rivers adapt to the sidebar, it works beautifully both in firefox and chrome!

Here is some super strange behavior: I imported the plugin to my wiki, and before switching to the columns layout the scrolling worked. In my TiddlyDesktop! Also in Chrome. So I tried it with the example wiki, if I turn the layout back to default the scrolling works as intended, albeit with one column (which is awesome in itself.)

In my wiki I can’t switch to the MultiColumn layout, i if I switch to it I get these error messages:

Internal JavaScript Error

Well, this is embarrassing. It is recommended that you restart TiddlyWiki by refreshing your browser

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘style’ of undefined

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘insertBefore’ of undefined

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘className’ of undefined

Do you have any ideas what could cause this?

best wishes,
Adam

Edit: when the plugin is installed but the layout is on " Default PageTemplate - the default TiddlyWiki layout" alt+c does not close tiddlers for some reason.

Hi @Adam,

please post a screenshot of the error messages in the console, that would be very helpful

Thank you,
Simon

@Adam keeping mind the demo is built on 5.2.3-prerelease so you are most likely adding this to an empty 5.2.2 full release, although the messages do not imply this is the cause.

@BurningTreeC could this be released on 5.2.2 even with a tweak or two?

2 Likes

Hi @Adam,
yes there was an error in the keyboard shortcut. It should be fixed now

2 Likes

Hi @TW_Tones , I could make it compatible with 5.2.2 but that would mean adding lots of things that are already part of the prerelease. I’m inclined not to do so

Best wishes,
Simon

Sure, It would then be safe to say Multi-col first general public release will possibly be on the release of 5.2.3 give a little more time for refinement and stabilisation.

I am planning to use it as the underlying UI for my Mobile device wiki, because I love the swipe left/right way to design it. My thumb is good at that :nerd_face:

Possibly other applications as well.

Love your work

2 Likes

It is very true. @BurningTreeC solved seamlessly that practical cross platform issue.

Just a side comment
TT

Hi @TW_Tones , I didn’t realize this, thank you for bringing this to my attention!

@BurningTreeC , I will update to the prerelease first and see if they still pop up and screenshot the console if they do. Thank you for fixing alt+c! :slight_smile: everything seems to work perfectly now in Chrome and TD as well, except for what you also observed and created a new thread for.

Best wishes,
Adam

Hi @Adam , glad that things work out for you and thank you @TW_Tones for pointing out that the plugin needs the current prerelease to work correctly!

@Adam,

if you find the time to help me pointing out the present bugs in TD/Chrome/Brave etc. I would really appreciate that! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Simon

2 Likes

Ciao BTC

I’m hitting issues in beta 53.0 …

Change the layout via Ctrl + shift + L to “Default Page Template” …
On both Chrome & FF Windows 10 the normal TW don’t work properly – for instance, the Tiddler Edit button stops working.

Best, TT

Thank you for reporting @TiddlyTweeter
I’m actually experimenting a bit

I’ll keep you updated

Thanks,
Simon

1 Like

Hi @TiddlyTweeter ,

this should now be fixed (v0.54.0)

Buona serata,
Simon

1 Like

Meravigliosa. Grazie mille. Soprattutto rendendolo così “pronto” rapidamente.

[“Pronto” in Italian only means “I’m ready”; though in English it is an imperative to “do it quick!:slight_smile: ]

Notte caro.

Hi @Adam,

the Chrome/TiddlyDesktop/Brave/Chromium bugs should now be fixed (v0.55.0 of the plugin)

Best wishes,
Simon

I’m using this beautiful layout side by side with a current personal Tiddlywiki for my notes.

Sometimes I want to print a Tiddler, there is a way to do with the multicolumn layout ?
Or this feature is a next “to do”?

Thanks!
Marco (and “Buongiorno”!)

2 Likes

Hi @Marco10x15 ,

I’m glad you find this plugin useful!

Does printing a tiddler not work?

Did you take a look at the PrintRiver plugin?
https://burningtreec.github.io/tiddlywiki-printriver/

Buongiorno anche a te,
Simon

1 Like

To print the contents of a tiddler as you see it use the open in new window and if you cant see a print option try ctrl- p ctrl-alt-p etc…

I have some more advanced option but our suburb power went out so no desktop.

@BurningTreeC

The PrintRiver plugin worked!

TW is a mine, you have to dig far and wide but a solution is found.

@TW_Tones

ctrl-alt-p worked, but it open the always the first column…
When I imported the PrintRiver plugin the shortcut ceased to work

Thanks to both

Marco

1 Like

Ciao @BurningTreeC in MCL v55.0 is $:/tags/TopToolbar not working?

I tried it in FF at Windows 10 but it didn’t seem to work. ?? TT

Ciao @TiddlyTweeter , it should just work. I tested it and it works on my side