A go-to firefox add-on

for years, whenever i set up firefox on a new computer, i always go to the add-on/extension shop and grab the chameleon dynamic theme add-on. i was looking at its listing page recently when i realized it was made by our own @linonetwo !

been using this add-on since before i even knew about TW, so it was quite the pleasant surprise to have that “hey, i know who that is!” moment :slight_smile:

and to anyone else using firefox, i recommend this add-on! it makes the address bar and tabs match the accent color of the website you are viewing. a small change but very nice, i miss it whenever i have to use a non-firefox browser (anyone know anything similar for chrome/edge?)

1 Like

I thought that was really neat until I noticed one annoying thing…

Steps:

1. open Firefox.
  2. open another Firefox. And another (three total).
  3. Start browsing around opening tabs in ALL 3 Firefoxes.

@linonetwo You’ll soon notice the issue.

… and copy the theme to ALL browser windows no matter which tab is being viewed in them.

This is ok if you only have ONE Firefox window, but have like a dozen open (four monitors), it’s kind of annoying.

i have noticed that, but it never really bothered me - i am looking at the active window 90% of the time anyways. i do wonder if it is a browser limitation or something that could be fixed though.

Thanks for the mention!

I simply maintain and fork it from the original extension that seems to be abandoned. Because I like this feature too.

(The only extension I have written by hand (and GPT) is A Web Clipper browser extension for NodeJS wiki.)

1 Like

And I only use one window too, I use this to quick switch between resources, which is another reason I like Firefox.

1 Like

Yep, thought so. Then it wouldn’t bother me at all. But with four screens in front of me, filled with firefoxen, maaan… :open_mouth:

I don’t know for chrome/edge, but Vivaldi has this as a built in option.

1 Like

unfortunately i am forced to use edge or chrome for work :frowning: otherwise i’d just go to firefox haha

As a web developer, I use everything… But Firefox is the main

截屏2023-10-17 23.08.08

Also I’m not pursuing putting everything into tiddlywiki, PDF will go into zotero or calibre-web, while some people in Chinese community always want to embed everything to tw to be all-in-one.

It’s interesting, I tend to spend a lot of time in Firefox, but also Brave. I often view TiddlyWiki in Brave, but I edit in Firefox. I like having an environment for TiddlyWiki that is read only. Since I sync using Dropbox in single file concept, it’s really important for me to be rather intentional as to where I edit TW, so I don’t “mess up” and create conflicted copies, which is easy to do.

1 Like