A bug without any reporting of errors

I often use the cascade feature to customize my tiddlywiki. now I have a problem, I use tiddlywiki normally with no problem, but if I go to search for the Scrolling-Card-Style5 entry and then click on the link, it appears unclickable.

I don’t know what the problem is. It looks like there is an incompatibility between the new version and the old one.

Here are the attachments and the code for Scrolling-Card-Style5.

created: 20230321144836969
creator: 马不前
modified: 20230525093651467
modifier: 马不前
tags: self-template
title: Scrolling-Card-Style5
type: text/vnd.tiddlywiki

<!--使用这个模板需要添加`最近修改选项`、`node-explorer-colorful`、`$:/core/ui/SideBar/Open`条目-->
<!--具体参考下面的模板-->
<!--有些样式我也说不上来为什么要这样设置,有没有更好的设置我也不清楚,我只是仅我所能设计得更好,但不一定让所有人都满意。-->
<!--这个模板最大的更新就是可以在移动直接显示正文,方便截屏分享,也不用滚动条,省得边框不好调整。--->

<style>
@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
  .top-section, .left-section, .right-section, .container, .bottom-section {
    display:none !important;
  }
}
@media screen and (max-width: 767px) {
  /* 在宽度小于 768 像素的设备上生效 */
  .mobile-only {
    display: block;
  }
}
		.container {
		display: flex;
		flex-direction: column;
		margin: 0;
		padding: 0;
		max-height: 800px;
	}

.top-section {
		background-color: #f5f5ee;
		flex: 1;
		justify-content: center;
		align-items: center;
		overflow: scroll;
		min-height: 80px;
		max-height: 200px;
		text-align: center;
	}

.bottom-section {
		background-color: #FFF;
		flex: 6;
		flex-direction: row;
		padding: 0;
	}

.left-section {
		flex: 1;
		flex-direction: column;
		margin: 0px;
		padding: 5px;
		max-height: 600px;
	}
.left-section::-webkit-scrollbar {
  width: 0;
  height: 0;
}
	.right-section {
    padding: 20px;
		flex: 5;
		position: relative;
		min-height: 220px;
		max-height: 600px;
    overflow-y: auto;
    overflow-x: hidden;
	}
.right-section::-webkit-scrollbar {
  width: 0;
  height: 0;
}
</style>

<div class="container">
	<div class="bottom-section">
		<div class="left-section">
			<div style="flex: 1;">
				<$transclude tiddler={{$:/core/ui/SideBar/Open}} field=title mode=block/>
			</div>
			<div style="flex: 1;">
				<$transclude tiddler={{最近修改与最近创建条目}} field=title mode=block/>
			</div>
		</div>
		<div class="right-section">

<$macrocall $name="reuse-pane" content="""<$transclude tiddler={{node-explorer-colorful}} field=title mode=block/>""" />

<$reveal tag="div" class="tc-tiddler-body" type="nomatch" stateTitle=<<folded-state>> text="hide" retain="yes" animate="yes">

<$transclude tiddler=<<currentTiddler>> />

<$button popup=<<qualify "$:/state/popup/fishingdeck">> tooltip="回到顶端" aria-label="回到顶端" class=<<tv-config-toolbar-class>> selectedClass="tc-selected" style="display: block;width: 100%;margin: 1em auto;">
<$action-navigate $to=<<currentTiddler>>/>
{{$:/core/images/up-arrow}}
</$button>
</$reveal>
		</div>
	</div>
</div>

<div class="mobile-only">
<$reveal tag="div" class="tc-tiddler-body" type="nomatch" stateTitle=<<folded-state>> text="hide" retain="yes" animate="yes">

<$transclude tiddler=<<currentTiddler>> />

<$button popup=<<qualify "$:/state/popup/fishingdeck">> tooltip="回到顶端" aria-label="回到顶端" class=<<tv-config-toolbar-class>> selectedClass="tc-selected" style="display: block;width: 100%;margin: 1em auto;">
<$action-navigate $to=<<currentTiddler>>/>
{{$:/core/images/up-arrow}}
</$button>
</$reveal>
</div>

I put this file in the github repository because I can’t upload html files in the forum. You can visit the link below to download or experience it.

https://dongrentianyu.github.io/bugwiki/

Anyone is welcome to provide ideas and suggestions.

It seems that the writing of wikitext caused the performance problem of the page freeze, which has nothing to do with the tiddlywiki version

Based on this image, I’m guessing that the cascade function has changed in the latest version. Previously a red box would appear indicating embedding failure, but now it shows it directly.

That means I need to add the code-body field and set its value to yes so that it will display properly. I just tested it and found that this is indeed the case.

But I wonder if this isn’t handled quite right in the new version, as the lack of any hint leads to the possibility of some sort of circular loading. It’s very much like a bug, but a bug without any hints is hard to troubleshoot.

Hi @dongrentianyu one of the changes in v5.3.0 is an improvement to the way that recursive transclusions are detected. The new technique is more robust, but there will often be more repetitions of the recursion before it is detected and blocked.

The best way forward would be to identify why the recursion is happening with a view to fixing it.

Now one problem is that even though I added the code-body field, I still get the circular embedding problem when I embed this entry elsewhere.

As shown in the picture. Right now I haven’t removed this on my site and can get more details by visiting the URL below.

https://dongrentianyu.github.io/WENAI

This may suggest that we should be more careful when using cascading, at least adding the code-body field, and not embedding it elsewhere. The link is fine.

Thank you for your enthusiastic response.