TW Classic Animated Accordion Menus

Is it possible to use the <$reveal> widget to animate an accordion slider menu just like in classic?

I really miss the animated part of that feature.

I believe so, only you need to also provide a button to toggle the state.

Although perhaps without animation, you may be able to add it back (I dont know how) after using one of the following;

You can use the html details tag (state set but not saved) or obtain the $details plugin Plugins — Utilities for TiddlyWiki

This is a common request and many solutions abound so search a bit before you choose.

I made a wikitext macro for you that emulate the old TW classic slider macro :

slider macro

Accordion macro.json (1.3 KB)

Backup your wiki (just in case), then drag and drop it into your tiddlywiki to install it. Let me know if it works :slight_smile:

Thanks. Works just like the original.

I have been playing around with this, and I am wondering if there is a way to assign an open/close class to the button.

I would like to do something like this in the CSS:

.open::after { content: "-" }
.close::after { content: "+" }

I’m asking this out of courisity.

Sure : we can use a filtered transclusion to set the class of the button widget.

\define slider(content:"Content",field:"accordion",label:"More",tooltip:"Show more")
<$let stateTitle={{{ $:/state/[{!!title}][<qualify>]+[join[]] }}}>
@@.slider
<$button class={{{ "toggle" [<stateTitle>get[$field$]] +[join[ ]]}}}  tooltip="$tooltip$" actions='<$action-listops $tiddler=<<stateTitle>> $field="$field$" $subfilter="+[toggle[open],[close]]">'>$label$</$button>
<$reveal text="open" default="close" type="match" stateTitle=<<stateTitle>> stateField="$field$" retain="yes" animate="yes" tag="div">
$content$
</$reveal>
@@
</$let>
\end

Here’s the updated version (I also fixed an issue where the slider will not animate on the first click, because it was refreshing the whole node tree) :

SliderMacro.json (1.6 KB)

UPDATE: To keep things more semantic, I made a version using the html details element, as suggested by @TW_Tones. The options are now as follow :

• macro name : details
  • content : content to be displayed
  • field : field of the state tiddler to be used for storing the state
  • summary : text to be displayed at the top of the slider
  • tooltip : appears on hover

DetailsMacro.json (1.8 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @telumire;

Personally I am not always keen on content in a parameter especially if it is multi-line.

So I turned the content into a macro which can be used in a parameter now

• content:"<<content2>>"
  • I wonder why its not wikifying?
\define content2() 

It also works //with ''wikitext''//!

* one
* two
\end
<<details content:"<<content2>>" field:"details2" summary:"And me too!" tooltip:"Click for more info">>

This is because the macro is parsed inline, to fix this issue insert a line break before and after your content, that way it will force the block parsing :

You can also encapsulate the content into a div (but it looks like a line break is still required at the start) :

\define content2() 
<div>

It also works //with ''wikitext''//!

* one
* two
</div>
\end
1 Like

Thanks. Works even better now. Looks like I have a lot to learn about TW5.

1 Like