[tw5] Error when using musicsheets widget

Hello,

I am a musician and enjoy researching and cataloging things. Tiddlywiki combined with the musicsheets widget looks like my dream come true.

I have attempted to install the musicsheets widget several times, but cannot seem to get past this error (attached).

I am using Tiddlywiki 5.1.23 on Chrome on OSX v10.15.7 and also on Windows 10.

Can you guys please advise?

Thank you!

According to that error message, the music-score/widgets/musicsheets.js module needs to also have music-score/abcjs-midi.js installed.

Musical notation powered by TiddlyWiki and abcjs — a non-linear personal web notebook
indicates that , the “Music Sheets and Midi” plugin has the following components:

Thus, to properly install the plugin, you should drag-and-drop
Musical notation powered by TiddlyWiki and abcjs — a non-linear personal web notebook

onto your TiddlyWiki and import it. Then save-and-reload so all the components can be unpacked.

enjoy,
-e

Hi @Psalm 104:33 KJV and @Eric Shulman,

The musicsheets widget which I created could definitely need some love
When I find the time I’ll release an updated version

Best wishes,
Simon

1 Like

Hi Simon,

Let me just add my vote to such an update. ABC is a spectacular language for expressing scores of western traditional music, and your adaptation of abcjs is one of the most striking example of integration of an external Javascript library into a TiddlyWiki plugin. A great addition to any TW5 demo!

Cheers,

Xavier.

Thank you @Xavier !

The new home for the musicsheets plugin is: Musicsheets — musical notation powered by abcjs

It’s an alpha version currently, I’ll leave a notice in the group when I release v0.0.1

Best wishes

Hello @Hi @Psalm 104:33 KJV

There’s a new discussion about the revamped musicsheets plugin at the new TiddlyWiki forum: https://talk.tiddlywiki.org/t/musicsheets-a-new-release/

@Eric Schulman
Thank you, I was able to get it installed.

@BurningTreeC
Thank you for your work on this. I have been imagining and looking for a solution like TW with musicsheets for longer than I care to mention. I had never heard of ABC notation before this, but it was an excellent choice for this application.

I would be happy to give feedback or help in any way that I can.