[tw5] Easy/simple CSS tiddler to adjust modal size/position

arunn...@gmail.com / @arunnbabu81 wrote: What do you mean by tiddlers not meant for editing ?

I can’t see how you’d display normal Tiddlers with it.

It seems to only work in edit mode?

I hope this is clearer!

TT

That would be easy to do I guess…just have to remove the edit text area from the table. I will try when I am back home…but what is the need of using modal to view the tiddler?

1 Like

arunn…@gmail.com / @arunnbabu81 wrote: That would be easy to do I guess…just have to remove the edit text area from the table. I will try when I am back home…but what is the need of using modal to view the tiddler?

Very useful for, for instance, documentation.
They are superior to popups in that you can house within one an entire eco-system of information.

TT

TiddlyTweeter:
I can't see how you'd display normal Tiddlers with it.
It seems to only work in edit mode?

https://demowiki.tiddlyhost.com/

I have added another view toolbar button to open a modal which doesn’t have an edit mode. Is this what you were telling about? Or may be I didnt understand what you were trying to explain.

arunn...@gmail.com wrote: … https://demowiki.tiddlyhost.com/ I have added another view toolbar button to open a modal which doesn’t have an edit mode. Is this what you were telling about?

Exactly that!

Thankyou very much for taking the time to do that on my request!

It is very useful to see practical tweaking of modals.
The main thing for me is your approach uses the screen space well!

Best wishes
TT

TiddlyTweeter:
The main thing for me is your approach uses the screen space well!

Actually it not my creation. Charlie Veniot is the original author of these modal related experiments. I just tweaked them for my own uses.

arunn...@gmail.com wrote: “Actually it not my creation. Charlie Veniot is the original author of these modal related experiments. I just tweaked them for my own uses.”

Thanks to @Charlie_Veniot too! I kinda knew that, but you (@arunnbabu81) did a lot of work extending it.

Anyway, thanks to both of you!
TT

1 Like

Standing tall on the shoulders of others.

You have taken things to a new height. Pat yerself on the back for job well done!

2 Likes