[tw5] Do you already use https://talk.tiddlywiki.org/ ?

That is quite awesome for folk who want to learn about and fiddle with that stuff.

I’m already throwing myself into other things I really want to learn, so the plate is already cognitively overflowing (hence the instant push-back when anything new approaches my plate.)

Doesn’t matter. If everybody else is set to go, I say pull the plug on this forum anytime. I’ll get around to participating in that other one when there’s a theme option that doesn’t annoy the stuffing out of me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I say go with the majority of the beholding eyeballs.

@R², I’m with Charlie on not getting into GreaseMonkey to really customise the forum – BUT your post reminded me of something. I used the dropper tool in uBlock Origin to zap the animated date thingy. Now it doesn’t grab my eye when I’m reading. Thanks.

I will certainly be looking at it further.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it doesn’t appear to be truly two-way (at least at the moment I’m posting). Google Groups threads and posts get mirrored on Talk.TW (awesome for archiving!), but I can’t reply or contribute to those on Talk.TW — and new threads created on Talk.TW do not seem to get mirrored back to Google Groups.

No complaints from me on this. It seems like a good migratory pattern to ease people over to the new platform — but it’s definitely a migration, it seems. (One I’m all for, as long as it seems sustainable.)