Tiddlywiki current version question

Hello,

A few months ago, Tiddlywiki 5.2.0 was being prepared for release, a new logo was selected and the release itself appeared imminent.

However, tiddlywiki.com still shows the splash screen for 5.1.23 and the upgrader for single-file wikis also remains at version 5.1.23.

Was the release of 5.2.0 postponed / is 5.2.0 still at pre-release stage? Are there any major roadblocks to be ironed out before release?

This is just to make sure I didn’t miss anything as I believe that the node version could have a different development path (?) and I am only working on single file wikis.

Thank you in advance for the information and thanks to all the devs and contributors.

Regards,
Hubert

Hi @hubertgk

We’re running later than expected with this release, but I’m hoping to get it out in the next couple of weeks. It’s a good time to test the prerelease if you can.

There’s some big, far reaching changes in this release which always makes things slower, but also I’ve been taking more holiday than usual to take advantage of the unlocked summer in the UK.

5 Likes

Thank you Jeremy for sharing the update. I will test 5.2.0 with my wikis and report back if I notice unexpected behaviour ahead of the release.

I’m looking forward to it and, again, thank you for all the work that you do.

Best regards,
Hubert

I have made some tests with 5.2.0-prerelease and noted slowdowns in the mainRender module compared to 5.1.23.

I’ve included sample data from the performance instrumentation in this post

It would be interesting to know the root cause of these slowdowns.

Many thanks,
Hubert