TiddlyWiki as a modelling tool - let's discuss

If you want to introduce your project imo the Showcase - Talk TW section would be the right place.

If you want to discuss your project a new thread here in the Discussion section is fine. If you want that a thread is visible, you should create your own thread. Comments like this one are hard to see by other users.

@lucascervera I will review your share and respond tomorrow my time + 12hours from this reply

Thanks Mario. I have added it to the Showcase - Talk TW

1 Like

I have loaded a wiki with your JSON files and see it immediately displaying elements from the semantic-ui “CSS Framework?”. Thanks for doing this.

• Note: Other frameworks and CSS are available for use in tiddlywiki from font awesome, to basecamp and W3.css but of course these also tend to apply to HTML/JavaScript solutions.
  • Making use of such frameworks, TiddlyWiki needs a somewhat different approach because the “TiddlyWiki Framework” handles immediate refresh and interaction’s. For example we need to use the <$button and <edit-text rather than just HTML/JavaScript.

It would be helpful for us to publish a guide how to make use of such frameworks in TiddlyWiki. Especially if we are supporting “TiddlyWiki as a Modelling Tool” we don’t want to introduce to many undocumented features without guidance.

• perhaps you could share some of this insight building tiddlywikis using semantic ui?

Hi guys, back to this thread.

We actually prepare building simple modelling tool in TW for ArchiMate models and structures. Here is few of basic concepts:

1. Element is tiddler with name as name (not caption) and few fields (Type, Specialization, Status, Responsible, Documentation). Text of tiddler is making by transclusion macro {{||element}} and it renders human readable element properties.
  2. Relation is tiddler too. Nothing about tags or contents by field, simple tiddler with fields Type, Source and Target.
  3. Source and Target field has names of tiddlers (source element tiddler and target element tiddler).
  • Everythink about relation content is grabbed by macros from source tiddler and target tiddler.
  • Exporting is done by simple export in CSV format which renders CSV which can be imported to Archi or another tool.
  • Grouping is done by tags, it allows grouping both (elements and relations) to packages and it is possible to have one element in many packages (great, this function absents in architectural tools). Modelling (including to models) is done by tags too.
  • And, we want code some easy forms to user-friendly and easy editing or adding right elements and relationships (for non-architect users).

Thats we brainsorm brainstorm about using TW as simple modeling tool. At this time we wont generate diagrams, because it is not easy to draw relevant elements UI concepts, but we know that this can be done by TiddlyMap plugin with some customisations. But, may be someday…