This should attract more users!

I’m still hoping for some more feedback on the OP. Please note that I have modified a key sentence in it.

Please note that the proposal concerns a step before the user has an incentive to go through a wizard or to download anything. It is intended to hook the users by, as directly as possible, showing them how TW is applicable for their specific use case. If the user does not believe TW will solve their needs, then it is not likely that the user will download anything.

At that point in time, the demands on the user must be absolutely minimal; We use the little incentive they have that made them visit the site to begin with, to lure them into reading the labels for the prominent “buttons” as they scan for solutions for their needs. (This shows the rough idea.) Clicking a button is immediately gratifying as they see a demo of the edition - they get hooked! NOW they are willing to download.

As for how “perfect” these editions have to be; IMO it is not a binary choice between “perfectly designed and maintained forever” vs “not at all”. Rather, the wiser choice is to look at the goal for this, i.e will it adopts more users than what the site currently does! …and so I ask you, do you see any reason why the proposal would not do this!?

Thank you!