The status of the new links page?

Here is my Editor toolbar button which allows you to highlight text while editing and use it to name the tiddler.

• I can’t yet seem to set the source-title field yet

editor-toolbar-rename-tiddler.json (1.8 KB)

Now see a slightly better search in HelloThere > Search Tab where it says Search – same as sidebar search. but that is not true.

The search tab menu, in the dashboard in the middle of the screen. I imagine the sidebar should be collapsed at some point.

IF I were just searching for something is having 5 tabs ever useful?

Just a query from Simples.

TT

You mean it should know in advance what your primary purpose was?

What if you wanted to look at the collection of PMario’s links? What if you wanted to see what had just been added?

But really, it’s evolutionary. Jeremy just switched the old, non-TW, format to the new format. This makes it possible for anyone who knows TW and has a good design layout to submit a proposal.

Maybe I should submit a proposal to make the search primary, the tabs secondary, and close out the side menu.

I dunno. I intuitively like that idea. TBH I really like full on search via regex first of any text there. That is maybe to do with me more than most? Just text interrogation suits me well.

I do grasp there are many strategies on search needs. Interrogating all text for patterns I personally find suited works wellest for me.

Just a partial approach, TT

There’s been a couple more tweaks, emphasising search.

The mechanism is great, Love it, now lets make the search and results better.

You can now display using the first 30 characters of the description text, or the original contributor title. Note that the contributor’s were not required to provide descriptive titles, so this may be of limited value.

You can also search by text, or with regular expressions.

Thanks mark,

That looks a lot better

Did you just Introduce the “original-title” field and content ?

• where was it available allowing you to do this?
  • Was it external to this wiki?
  • Is any other information available in submissions not visible at links.tiddlywiki.org - no matter how trivial.

I understand we may need to handle duplicates in the original title, but would it be practical to use this as the title instead of the “Link from user: serial”. It would make the standard search much more readable and help focus in on the relevant results.

• Alternatively the standard search could be modified to list the original-title instead of the title if available “like a caption”.