The "nut behind the wheel"

I quote myself here, from a thread where this Meta Concept came up.

That reminds me of the Joke;

Perhaps it is a subject for the Café?

I think it true that for end-users, trying to harmonise between platforms can get seriously confusing and frustrating.

TBH, how “techie” should you needs be to cope with this simple aim?

This is not a TW issue.

Rather, a generic techno-cultural issue???

Just a thought, TT

I do think that tech stuff in general can get very confusing.

We are not born nerds (though there might be a few who were?) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its like many things in Information Technology it is both.

One one hand;
Its about people, and they need simplicity to lead them, Later it can be complex, they are adult’s and we do not want to hold people back. This part is Not technical.

On the other hand;
Often the only way to make simple things, especially when based on technology, we need very good technical solutions to do the hard work for us, appear invisible yet deliver the results.

My key example of this I am developing is part of The essential editions of TiddlyWiki and a sharable Make TiddlyWiki your own - discussion - #21 by TW_Tones facility.

I have started here with this alpha Personal NoteBook edition once downloaded it can see it is no longer at the published address and can a “run once” guide to do various setup things I will discuss in Make TiddlyWiki your own - discussion - #21 by TW_Tones.

1 Like

Right.

TW is an ideal tool for that.

Regarding the OP, which mentions “sync”, originally meaning lip-synchronisation for movies (about 1929), and now means, on net-connected computers, harmonisation over platforms of files.

That whole thing is not yet transparent enough IMO.

Not your issue. It just is one.

Just a comment, TT

1 Like