Suggestions for documentation process improvements

It actually is simple to know who contributed every character in a line of code and when. That’s one of the biggest advantages of git … See git … the underlying version control system used by GitHub.

See: https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blame/master/licenses/cla-individual.md#L1

Most editors that are aware of git have a possibility to show you the “commit history” of every single line in the code.

This mechanism makes it possible to tell what exactly changed between TW versions and which change caused an issue. …

You’re proving Mark’s point by wading knee deep into GitHub / git :laughing:

(I had to read the post twice myself but it also got me curious about finding the link)

The front end of TW doesn’t do any attribution. To me, that means some of us can wade in knee deep and highlight and thank those that do the work!

Thanks @pmario for your work!

@Mark_S it would have being sufficient to respond “yes I was aware of this and it dose not work for me”. But it helps that you spell it out.

I don’t like it either but I did not see this particular “feature” mentioned in this thread and wanted to ensure awareness of it.

Moving forward it is important we understand where we are starting.

Why not deal with those issues as they arise? Most of the documentation doesn’t use special macros or formatting. And sometimes the official macros are a bit broken. Try your hand at documentation and see what the concerns with the GH system are.

Well actually my point is these are a serious impediment for me and new users, to contribute document and if they ignore the macros new documentation will diverge from existing documentation. Just as you have found the github component unnecessarily complex.