Something similar to Google Calendar

Does something similar to Google calendar exists, or can be created using existing tools? I am thinking of a tiddler displaying a 7-column layout with each column showing each day with its events vertically in a column.

1 Like

@Yaisog seems to have something like that, see his post: Implementing a contextmenu with wikitext - #19 by Yaisog

I dont know if it’s available to the public or not however, you’ll have to ask him.

There is also this plugin: It's About Time! — TiddlyTools: "Small Tools for Big Ideas!" (tm)

Thanks! I ll look up the context menu discussion thread.

As for Eric’s plugin, I have tried it in the past, and whereas it does cater to events and also shows them in a calendar layout, I am looking for a UI which is somewhat similar to calendars found commonly for scheduling, like Google calendar, Yahoo calendar etc. in which there is a weekly or daily layout and a user can visually see what ahead of him on a given day. These calendars also have drag-and-drop capability but I can do without it.

@passingby every thing you ask for can be built, the only gap in my mind is how to drag the beginning or end of an appointment to change its start and end time.

• I think the multiple days or week view is just a matter of tables or columns

I do intend eventually to build my own Google like day view because I have some strong opinions about the validity of using calendar appointments as a way to organise work and time, I think they are terrible and inflexible. Eventually I would like to solve this with new ways of handling time management especially for future events that are not time fixed (unlike appointments) but work to be done. eg Once done fix in place, until done automaticaly float the entries forward into the remaining available time.

Until I discover how to address perceived gaps making use of “its about time” and other plugins is a good start, any solutions I build will be “on top of these” and adopt their standards and methods to ensure compatibility and incremental improvements rather than “redesigning the wheel”.

What I’ve done is simply to put a date selector (a modified version of kixam’s Pikaday implementation) into a context menu. I’m afraid there is no calendar event display functionality.
In the background of the screenshot is a very simple list of tasks sorted by day. That is sort of like the “agenda” view of some calendars, but likely not what the OP wants.

I’m not sure if such a thing already exists. If not, I would probably start with some of the to-do managers out there and see if they could be adapted to events instead. At least the date assignment (deadline) and various overview displays would already be in place…

Have a nice day
Yaisog

1 Like