Serving multiple TWs from a single Node app

This isn’t you, that warning is because the module author has scripts defined to run on install. Some modules needs this but it also means malicious modules could run code on your computer and that is a warning that the module could do that. To fix it you would have to contact the author and ask them to stop that.

Well, the last three errors are about that. The other two are about deprecated versions of (possibly deeply nested) dependencies. Yes, script running should be reserved for only when it’s really necessary (OS-dependent deployments or some such). But the dependency problem is more pernicious. The wide and deep dependencies typical of Node apps means it’s very hard to get to a state with no warnings, unless you have a very few, extremely well curated and rapidly updated dependencies. Even then, it won’t be uncommon.

I don’t know of any fix.

1 Like

I intended to reply here earlier, but got distracted…

I recently did a small modification to TiddlyBucket, a go Tiddlyweb server, to enable serving multiple wikis from a single server. If you decide to come back to it at some point, maybe it would be interesting. I’d appreciate feedback in any case. I think this is simpler than the other options I’ve seen or tried.

3 Likes

I’m hot on something else now, but will check it out when I have a little time. Thank you for sharing!