Query: Why is this CSS "hiding" not working?

The Issue: I have a wiki in which I want to hide Title, Subtitle & Tags on all tiddlers …

I (think I) followed the instructions okay at: TiddlyWiki.com instructions

I created a tiddler tagged “$:/tags/Stylesheet” containing …

h2.tc-title {display:none;)
.tc-subtitle {display:none;}
div.tc-tags-wrapper {display:none;}

But this only hides the Title.
The Subtitle and Tags remain visible.

It is perfectly possible I am going gaga and missed something obvious. But I need a bit of help to try and understand why it is not working.

I did try it on tiddlywiki.com. Same result.

Any clues welcomed!
TT

You have a typo at the end of the first line. Change “)” to “}”.
Because the typo produces a CSS error, the subsequent lines are not processed.

-e

Thank you so much Eric! And for caring for what was a klutzy error. I simply did not see it–eek!

@TiddlyTweeter with 5.2.1 cascades now you could do this through a story tiddler cascade and introduce other template customizations. Not necessary but a possibility.

I intended to make a template for what I call a Page tiddler that when not in designer mode will present only selected elements.

1 Like

Thanks @TW_Tones. The Cascades looks interesting. Understanding how it works will take me time.

Just FYI, in the specific use case what I want to do is hide and de-activate a lot of the UI when the wiki is online. The idea being that when I am authoring offline I have the whole tamoli, but when put online for end-users the wiki auto-switches off what they don’t need to see. This is done through the StartupActions detecting the environment the wiki is in. So far so good, but still in testing. But, interestingly, I did find the StartupActions quite easy to set-up.

Yes, the startup actions could do one of two things each time, set the cascade tag $:/tags/StoryTiddlerTemplateFilter or remove it depending on the prefix in $:/info/url/full eg file:// or http:// https://

But he cascade system takes a little to wrap your head around. If you need help start another thread and I can share some work I have done. Once you understand it is is quite easy.

1 Like