Query: On Discourse: Is there any way to mark all "Latest" as read?

Under “New” topics you can “dismiss” them all. I don’t see any equivalent to mark all threads under “Latest” as read.

Why would I want to mark all Latest as read?

It is the easiest way for me to monitor what interests me. I read what interests me. Then I want to mark everything else as read so that on next visit I only ever need to see updates.

You understand the issue? Maybe I don’t understand how to do it? Any pointers appreciated.

Best wishes
TT

This was asked before and it lead to a mega thread:

In summary: Latest is “latest” in reverse chronological order for everyone, Unread is your personal unread which you can use Dismiss to mark as read, and is based on your personal settings of what categories you are watching.

There are screenshots and discussions in the previous thread.

This was the solution I suggested at the time. It may not be perfect, but it’s probably as close as we’re likely to get.

Many thanks @Mark_S. Looks like it will do the job!
Shame faced, I realised I actually took part in that thread you gave that solution in! I think I’m going gaga. I have no recall I ever did that! :woozy_face:

Ciao @boris. I feel a bit of an idiot missing that thread with a solution discussion I actually took part in, though I have no recall I ever did!

One thing I think worth noting …

Would it not be a good idea to have a kind of FAQ for this group linked to from the top strap that lists such useful basic Meta level solutions?

Best wishes
TT

Sure — great idea. Feel free to start a “Discourse FAQ” post in this meta category. We can pin it.

1 Like

Okay. I’ll make an initial post in a day or two when I gone through the few things I think a Meta FAQ might include.

Best wishes
TT

1 Like

Ciao Mark. A footnote on ups and downs with it.

UPS: Well it definitely solves the online “viewing problem” in that you can get to see the trees you need, not the wood.

DOWNS: Unfortunately your “Notifications” (and email inbox) get totally flooded with the “wood”. The problem with that is you loose out on having notifications for only what you engaged in (a few trees) where a user replies to you.

So its not perfect.
I can’t see any midway solution to that conundrum???

Best wishes
TT