New user struggling with the philosophy of tiddlers

Besides being hilarious, your reply was also very helpful. Any reference to Office Space is awesome in my book :slight_smile:

I think you’re absolutely spot on that I may not need much more fancy than the Backlinks tab you mentioned. Thank you!

My main driver for chopping things up is searchability. If you excise your main block of text into smaller sections, you can instantly find and focus on things with the side bar search.

My secondary driver would be the ability to associate things with those sections via tags; whether it be notes or evaluations or cross-links. Those associations allow richer searching or grouping the sections in different ways based on different needs.

My third driver would be reusing sections. The tranclusion functionality in Tiddlywiki is pretty amazing. It allows you to rubber-stamp sections that don’t need changing anywhere your want them. And if they do need slight tweaking depending on context or inputs, that is where the very powerful template and macro system comes into play.

One thing for certain is that I have never experienced a more helpful community so if you need some direction, there is a lot of help to be had.

/Mike

Much appreciated input, thank you! I really enjoy having items grouped logically and pretty and know I’ll know how to do this with the images!