New Diff-Match-Patch Primitives V5.2.6

Folks, The New Diff-Match-Patch Primitives release in V5.2.6 really are “primatives” most likely to be used as part of a bigger picture so I thought I would start a thread on which to discuss these and related Diff-Match-Patch issues.

To get the conversation started here are a few thoughts, and I will make a particular proposal after that.

• The levenshtein Operator allows us to do more than a visual representation of differences such as formerly with the DiffTextWidget such you will be able to count the differences in all fields in a tiddler.
  • From there you could choose to display or do more including some quite sophisticated match and patch.
    • I would like to find more details on the patch encoding if anyone knows more.
    • With these tools if you had to patch core or plugin a shadow tiddler you could also detect if the shadow changes and offer a repatch?
  • Given they are operators that act on titles with strings, I suspect there may prove to be some innovative uses possible.

I have already made a tool to clone a tiddler, saving the source title in the source-tiddler field, then an editor preview, to compare the current tiddler with its source. This would be useful to do the following;

• Write an agenda, clone it and take notes with a preview available for the tiddler source differences, raw or rendered.
  • Create multiple new versions of tiddlers with tracking changes, perhaps by user.
  • Be able to generate counts of changes for each new version.

What are your ideas?

Can you share some working examples?

What would you like to see?

Take a look at https://yaisog-patches.tiddlyhost.com/ where I use diff-match-patch to create space-saving revisions whenever a tiddler is modified.

Have a nice day
Yaisog

A post was split to a new topic: Levenshtein Distance Operator