Multi-Column Layout / Storyview

Hi @TW_Tones

you can add the Menubar plugin
I will add an Ensemble that shows how

Thank you,
Simon

1 Like

Hi @TW_Tones ,

what you need is a fixed panel on top of each column, right?
I will see if I can implement that

@BurningTreeC

1. Can there be a seamless view of tiddlers as you have done with muuri layout having only minimal gap between the two columns and between two tiddlers in each column?
  2. Is it possible to make the github topbar compatible with different dark and light palette ?
  3. How to search for system and shadow tiddlers from the search box in the github topbar?
1 Like

Hi @TW_Tones

within 5 - 10 minutes on the website there will be an Ensemble with instructions how to add the menubar from the menubar plugin

Hi @arunnbabu81

1. I thought that seamless view would already be possible but I was wrong. I will implement that
  2. Yes that’s possible but at the moment I’m not working on the github toolbar
  3. That would be an idea to add. When I’m done with the MCL overhaul I will have a look if I want to overhaul the github toolbar, too
1 Like

@arunnbabu81

Now seamless view is possible if you set the following values in the Controlpanel under Appearance > Multicolumn

• story river padding: 0
  • tiddler margin: 0
  • hide scrollbars: yes
  • tiddler border (optionally): 0
  • tiddler box-shadows: none
4 Likes

Note a little bug in the drag-and-drop mechanism when setting everything to seamless (story-river padding to 0)

In that case the height of the dragged tiddler doesn’t get reported by the internal TW drag&drop
I’ve created a pull request for that

2 Likes

Hi @BurningTreeC ,
I really like the smoth way your storyrivers works and I like the especially like drag and drop and the animations.
Could you create a marco that creates a single column anywhere I need it like also in the storyriver or in the sidebar.
<<singlecolumn "(filter)" "(class)" "(modifiedList)">>
where filter= Tiddlers to start with; modifiedList=“field to write modified list to”>>

1 Like

When I tried to click on the links in the drop-down from menubar, it was not working. Are you able to reproduce this bug. If not I will try to upload a demo wiki.

• Excelent @BurningTreeC this is working well.
  • I look forward to the column headers (no hurry at all)
  • I can’t imagin wanting much else, but as normal new things come to mind on further reflection :nerd_face:

What links are you expecting? There are none, I had to add a contents tab and Home tiddler. Look at the menubar plugin to configure it.

Did you tried doing this?
I have been using menubar plug in for months. I have added Recents tiddler as a drop-down in my menubar. If I click on those tiddler links in this Recents drop-down, nothing was happening. Thats why I asked.

Are you saying this is only a problem in MCL?

There is insuficient info available for me to help/reproduce your problem.

Try to add something to Contents section in menubar by creating a tiddler with TableOfContent tag

I have no problem on MCL

It uses the plugin supplied $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/menubar/items/contents

Try this - https://mcl-menubar.tiddlyhost.com/

Ah yes, links in the menubar don’t work at the moment.
I’ll fix that

1 Like

I was happly adding links to the menu, that I already had open and got misled. But clicking did not open, and I expect it needs to open in the current column as well.

• I am guessing that a linkcatcher or similar may be needed.

Thanks for your effort @BurningTreeC

1 Like

@BurningTreeC If there is more than one column opened, is it possible to automatically remove a column once the last tiddler in that particular column is closed ?

Hi @arunnbabu81 ,

I’ll think about that option

Hi @TW_Tones and everyone,

Now I made some bigger changes and they need testing

• On top of each column you can show a header and add items to it

You can do so by tagging a tiddler with “$:/tags/RiverHeader-” where the numbers go from 1 to the amount of columns shown

Tiddlers tagged with “$:/tags/RiverHeader” are shown in all headers

• Both this new header and the smaller headers, used to activate the current column and dragging all tiddlers from a column can be activated in the Controlpanel

• I made changes how horizontal scrolling works. In the best case you won’t notice a difference but it needs testing, especially on mobile devices

Cheers,
Simon

2 Likes