Is there an update or an alternative for the Hammer-Widget to position tiddlers freely by dragging

Since some update @BurningTreeC’s hammerwidgets cause a js-error. Also admls’ Volant-plugin which is the motor of Mentat has issues after an update: When tagged the tiddlerControls cease to work. So we need someone who repairs these important plugins or invents something else to make tiddlers fly.

These are cool plugins. For alternative you can try WhiteBoard plugin V0.2.3 , which might not be the same, but you can add sticker to the whiteboard and use {{xxx}} to transclude a draggable tiddler.

1 Like

Hi @linonetwo generally I like your plugin very much and named it one of my favorites

in this usecase I would like to have widgets to be dragged arround above a display in a classroom.

Your plugin shall also be involved there (best with cooperation-features as I already wrote) But the whiteboard shall remain focussed on the content

@etardiff pointed me to @saqimtiaz nearly ready float-plugin.

I jsoned the tiddlers for testing.
float+test.json (15.7 KB)

Moving the tiddlers works really great. There are some minor issues that could be treated to make it perfect.
It would be even cooler if, the floating tiddlers could

• be rearranged in the z-level
  • be zoomed to a disired size by dragging the right corner.
  • be minimized to a button on the bottom and
  • if they would reappear where they where closed the last time.

In toto: Thanks for this great enhancement @saqimtiaz

2 Likes

That’s very cool!!!