Is there a nice way to export a plugin tiddler such that it contains modified shadow tiddlers?

I want to modify a plugin in a TW that is served from a server I don’t control, and be able to export it as a plugin and load in my own TW.

Try this.

• Modify the tiddlers within the plugin you want to change
  • Go to the plugins contents tab and select (copy the text of all tiddler titles in the content list)
  • Paste this list of tiddlers into the advanced search filter tab, it should list all the tiddlers in the plugin, you could add others now if you want, add them to the “filter” list.
  • Export this as a JSON file (note that it will export all the tiddlers but your edited versions will be used where they exist).
  • In a local copy of empty.html import the json file, but do not press the import button.
  • Now edit the $:/Import tiddler
    • Give it the same name as the plugin tiddler, or your own since it is now a different plugin eg; $:/brand/plugin/pluginname “brand” may be " Ittayd", I use PSaT
    • Now edit the field plugin-type and change it to “plugin”
    • Delete the other field there in
    • Now save the tiddler

It becomes a plugin now, which you can drag and drop or export. You may need to save and reload after creating the plugin if it contains javascript to get it to work, like all plugins.

Thanks. I discovered Tinka, and was just successful in using it to do the changes and re-package the plugin.

Yes, and Tinka is even more valuable to create new Plugins, but once you understand the above it works without any additional tools. :nerd_face:

There’s also @Mohammad 's TW-Gatha.

2 Likes