I get a new file each time I save, what am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I am running Windows 10 and Firefox 100.02 and I just installed TiddlyWiki/Timimi.

When I save my empty.html, then I get a new file empty(1).html were my changes are saved to?
What am i doing wrong?

try TiddlyDesktop; https://tiddlywiki.com/static/TiddlyDesktop.html
and,
good luck.

When you save your TiddlyWiki, are you presented with a system “save file” dialog? By default, that dialog automatically adds a “(n)” suffix to the filename to avoid overwriting the original file. If you select the original filename in the dialog, you can overwrite it (after a confirmation message, of course).

If you are getting this dialog, then you are using the default “download saver” method, rather than Timimi, which suggests that perhaps you haven’t properly installed Timimi, since that would completely bypass the dialog and simply save your file (automatically overwriting the original file).

-e

Hi and Welcome!

When you installed he browser extension, did you not see Timimi — One saver to rule them all you can find instruction and link to the necessary part there.

Timimi needs to know where you want the backups.

Timimi has two parts – the browser extension and an executable that gets installed on your local system. Did you install both parts, or just the extension?

Thanks for the help and hints :slightly_smiling_face:
The issue was cause by me not allowing the browser extensions to run in private windows.

2 Likes

This actually helped me out too. I’ve been using TiddlyDesktop, but I prefer to use the browser. I didn’t realize that there were two parts to this extension. Now I actually have it running properly on Brave browser.

Keep in mind when it comes to interacting with the local machine TiddlyDesktop has more permissions than anything in a Browser, the universal client for the ugly and dangerous internet.