How to simplify the input of latex syntax and embed this functionality into a TID

I found that the community plugin library has a katex math formula plugin, but it only allows you to enter the full latex formula, instead of generating the full latex formula according to the simplified version, I have recently recorded a lot of advanced math tid, the complex traditional latex formula has made me more proficient in latex syntax, the rest is a waste of time, I have no choice

I found a website with the features I mentioned, and it’s open source on github

Derivative Calculator • With Steps! (derivative-calculator.net)

just like it↓

cgi-bin_mmwebwx-bin_webwxgetmsgimg_&MsgID=8043314368442106713&skey=@crypt_82ca500c_1465a7129ff6ce3f0bde1f510e0fcf95&mmweb_appid=wx_webfilehelper

input:
sin(sqrt(e^x+a)/2)

output_1:
$$\Large{sin(\frac{\sqrt{e^x+a}}{2})}$$

If we could integrate this in tiddlywiki it would be much more useful to occasional users.

Other non derivative forms would be nice, eg simple sin(sqrt(e^x+a)/2) resulting in
Snag_144f1b50

I am a non-mathematician sadly, but I do touch on it a little.

1 Like

There is an ascii maths plugin which works with the katex one.

I also use mathcha.io to quickly do latex formulas. It has a really good auto complete.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the AsciiMath solution, it made my eyes shine. What is the relationship between AsciiMath and mathjax? I saw mathjax when I was browsing the plugin library before, and after reading the readme file, I didn’t know how it worked, I tried to learn the rules of running directly in html from the official website of mathjax, and when I figured it out, I migrated this logic back to tiddlywiki and found that the solution was blocked

You look like a contemplative philosopher.

1 Like

Happy to help. As to the rest of your reply… No idea :slight_smile:

Thanks again, why do i feel like you know so much about IT technology, no matter how many times I searched in Bing search, I couldn’t find this perfect answer, maybe it came out of a paper?

Everything went smoothly

There is a small problem with how to reparse to katex/latex via asciimath rendering formula

If you only want fractions there are other ways such as discussed here Pretty fractions - #9 by TW_Tones

1 Like

Thank you for the solution for this

I was thinking maybe I would need to copy the asciimath code as latex/katex/mathml/openmath/SimpleMath/ Asymptote and other mathematical coding formats,The current situation of this scheme is suitable for my own note-taking,The plug-in it only supports copying as asciimath.It doesn’t seem to be suitable for writing scientific research reports.I need to do one more step,Convert the asciimath code into the original and most complex format latex with the browser online mathematical format conversion tool,Well, this is indeed much more efficient than the latex/katex input I use my hands without association,But limited