How to make timestamp notes beside of embedded youtube video in one tiddler?

no problem, the msequence widget is packaged in the plugin $:/plugins/bj/mediaplayer. Remember that it is necessary to save and reload to unpack the tiddlers in a plugin.

Thanks for your work! You are amazing! You made my day!

I have updated the demo so that if you open a new utube tiddler any other playing utube video tiddler will stop. This uses the plugin $:/plugins/bj/clickaction and I have overridden the tiddler $:/bj/yt/playtemplate

I have also added a playlist tiddler ‘LexFridman’ (for tiddlers tagged LexFridman) and included edit-in-place for annotations in the list. If you open the tiddler called ‘LexFridman’ you can see the name of the template for the list.

1 Like

million thumb-ups for this, I am wondering if this can be implement in single tiddler?

yes, this playlist is super, I can merge my youtube notes with same tag into one, which is comprehension when sharing.

wow, that’s super booster!

how can I deploy my own playlist?
I edit the tiddler, it only shows: {{||$:/bj/yt/playlisttemplate}}, no tag filter things.
how can I define which tags shows in a playlist?
As when I changed the playlist’s title, the playlist is broken, I guess this tiddler auto-search the tiddlers with the term of playlist title?

and small a question, how can I remove the arrows button? up/down in list and left/right in tiddlers.

Wow, I can’t believe what you’ve done, definitely a magician…

In tiddlywiki it is common it have a tag also be a tiddler. In the example ‘LexFidman’ is a tiddler and a tag.

the form {{||$:/bj/yt/playlisttemplate}} has the same meaning as {{LexFidman||$:/bj/yt/playlisttemplate}} that is when the first part of this construction is blank it uses the ‘currentTiddler’ as a value.

the tiddlers of type video/x-youtube need to be tagged with the name of the playlist.

you need to copy the tiddler $:/bj/yt/playlisttemplate to your tiddlywiki.
If you open this tiddler you can remove the buttons eg remove {{$:/bj/buttondown}}.

The annotations are in separate tiddlers to allow the time stamps to be converted to buttons when they are included in the template - if they are in the same tiddler you would have to type the buttons in place of the timestamps - eg 1:20 would need to be replaced manually with <<ytm 1:20>>

Thank you very much, @buggyj, for perfectly fulfilling my needs. I thought it was just my imagination, but you made it happen flawlessly. You named this tool “utube simple annotations,” and the abbreviation is quite amusing; I wonder if you did it on purpose. Anyway the result is like magic.

I also want to contribute in some way to this project, even though I don’t have the magical abilities that @buggyj has. As an ordinary and somewhat clumsy user, it took me a long time to configure and understand how this tool works. I tried to simplify the configuration process so that more people like me can use this elegant tool quickly.

First, I prepared some dependencies to implement the USA, which are necessary plugins all packaged in the plugins.json (94.0 KB) file. By downloading and dragging this file into your own TW, all the required dependencies are installed.

Next, I packaged a minimised sample adding_playlist.json (588 Bytes) for the video list. I made a diagram of the naming relationship between them. By editing the titles and tags, a video list containing a video can be automatically generated. To add a new video to the playlist, you only need to clone “source_video” and “source_video/annotations” tiddlers and modify the “source_video” portion in the title. Only when a new list needs to be added will the playlist.json template be imported again.

I tested these steps myself, and they are straightforward and foolproof. Once again, I express my gratitude to @buggyj for the incredibly useful playlist feature.

Thanks a lot @buggyj for your explaination, I am stick with the playlist version, which I think suitable for me best!

Good stuff! I really like the diagram.

Note that you can order the items on the play list by using drag n drop on a tag pill:

Hello, thank you all for this nice approach. Can this annotations also achieved by using: TwTube Plugin --- My own Tube on TiddlyWiki!