[Help] regarding Caption and Title

This would be a bigger change, since the icon atm is part of the tiddler-title element, which is independent from the title element. …

But I think it would be worth, to create a feature request at: Issues · Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 · GitHub

1 Like

If thats the case thenI think just having the subtitle would be enough, no need to complicate things haha.

Maybe if there is a way to detect if there is an icon added, the ‘empty’ icon could be applied to the subtitle to keep it inline with the title?

just food for thought.

I’d be more interested in seeing the transclusion idea from my previous response get implementation. I don’t know if it’s even possible, but it would be a very nifty trick. I might submit it for a feature request.

That’s exactly, what uni-link can do. … If you give GettingStarted an aliases field like so:

aliases: hello started,

you can link it with: [[Hello|?]] … Aliases are case insensitive. The link text shown is Hello

If you want to link it with Hello, but you want the link-text to be the content of the subtitle field there is shortcut, because I’m lazy :wink: [[Hello|?s]] or ìf you are not lazy [[started|?subtitle]] … You can use [[hello|?any-other-field-name]] to use the content from that field

would there be a method available to change the syntax from a |? to !! to keep the same formatting used for {{curly brackets}}?

because if so I would happily go with that! Using |? there would throw me off if I ever forgot which symbol was required, though its just a minor nitpick on my end :sweat_smile:

No, because it would be a backwards compatibility problem for myself and any other user of the plugin.

And there is a chance, that TiddlyWiki itself may want to use that formatting in the future for consistency reasons.

So my plugin would “clash” with the syntax.

Ah, understood.

well ? or !! aside, it’s a handy plugin, I can definitively use it!