Hard linebreaks

Is there another way to do hard line breaks instead of the “”" ? That way, all I write will not clump into a long paragraph, instead they appear like one sentence per line? How to make it globally?
Thanks!

Besides the triple double-prime marks (“dumb” quote-marks), you could try this plugin called space space newline, which effectively allows you to force a line break by typing two spaces prior to your return.

If I recall correctly, there are some pretty hard-to-dismiss reasons (related to distinguishing block vs inline formatting?) that text wrapping across line breaks (except where there’s an empty line between) works as it does.

1 Like

Have a look at Hard linebreaks with CSS. It may be an option too.

2 Likes

@gypsygoose I understand why you want this, but although I have a number of work arounds, especially for reformatting incoming content, however I came to just accept it, using <enter> for new sentence and <enter><enter> for new paragraph. This is also useful if later you want to transform text programmatically.

• Remember if you apply bullets or other wikitext the formatting improvers and you can apply it to multiple lines at once.

@pmario Thanks very much for this!

I could imagine that if someone imported a batch of poems, for example, only a solution like this would really make sense. One doesn’t want to go through, tiddler by tiddler, adding triple-quote strings at top and bottom, or using the space-space-newline solution!

I just saw your reply! Thank you very much!