Good Wiki Practices

Same for me @twMat. Good advice!

1 Like
  1. Link to tabs plugin so that tabs are also links. Saves a lot of hunting around.
  2. Reduce the animation amount in the control panel. I am drastic and use 20 instead of 400. Probably others will want at least a little bit of animation.
  3. Reduce the wasted space above the sidebar
  4. Mileage may vary on this one: Learn some basic CSS rules, learn how to add a stylesheet, add one with your favorite styles, and then learn how to add a span class editortoolbar button so you can format text, add text boxes, indent, etc, with the click of a button.
  5. Practice clicking the advanced search button until it become second nature. Avoid learning to open the systems or shadows tab and scroll up and down.
2 Likes

I will provide a few pointers to add to this discussion however others and myself have published a lot in a similar way in this forum and google groups (older content). To find you content search about the subject you are documenting and you will find content here far better than just what we all come up with in this thread.

In my view my settings below do form part of how I see Best Practice.

See the development of a standard edition for inspiration https://standard.tiddlyhost.com/

• I Set the sidebar layout to Fluid story, fixed sidebar for desktop use.
  • I “second” the use of “Display tiddler titles as links”
  • I Always setup the contents tab
  • I always install an update to the new journal buttons to populate the journal-date field, for created date and title independence from the journal-date

and much much more posted in the forums.