Favorites Plugin: Update 4.6.8 - 4.8.2

@Mohammad I noticed something that can be added to your documentation for using your plugin even easier,

In Control Panel > Settings > TiddlyWiki > Tiddler Titiles > Display tiddler titles as links

• I know you demo has this, but some users may not know this
  • The tiddler titles become links and can also be dragged on dropped on favorites.

I noticed that if one opens a folder tiddler we can see the list and search that folder. There would be value in allowing a sidebar tab be created that has this same content (and caption) allowing most commonly used favorites to have their own tab.

• Ideally of course it would also be good if we could drop new favorites to the named folder there as well.
  • Perhaps this could be toggled from the folder in the Favorites tab?
    • In some ways this would extend the functionality to beyond mere favorites as the other tabs (folders) may include Help/Instructions etc…

Love your work.

1 Like

Thank you Tony!

Good comments and nice ideas! I will add these to docs.
All these are super easy with current release.

Based on discussion with Tony, I added the Basket feature to Favorites plugin. So in Favorites 4.7.3, you can drag a folder (using the slider button) to another Tiddlywiki, or even to another folder.

A new update is pushed.

Release 4.7.3

• Aug 29th, 2022
  • [NEW] Folder slider button is draggable and one can drag the content of folder to another folder or another Tiddlywiki
2 Likes

Quick review feedback

I was looking for the basket feature and Cant see it and the ctrl-click and shift-click features don’t seem to work on the demo.

Looking fantastic

Hi Tony,
I checked again the demo page: Favorites 4.7.3 — create flat and structured lists of favorite items (kookma.github.io)

All features work (my test done on Win10 + Edge 104)

shift+click works
ctrl+click works
drag the slider button and drop on another wiki works

So sorry, but I cant do it in chrome or firefox but I suspect I am not doing what you say.

• First I have no idea what or where a slider is
  • Second I am mousing over and and ctrl or shift click here as an example

By slider button, I mean the angle bracket before folder title

Work with modified shortcuts

chrome_GXfyuhColk

So sorry, I though they were the same button. :zipper_mouth_face:

The Basket feature in Favorites 4.7.3 (means I added the Basket which already published separately to Favorites folder, so a folder acts like a basket)

Drag a folder slider button to another Tiddlywiki, lets you to export the content of that filter. The payload is the favorites item in that folder.

@TW_Tones
I tested in Firefox 104 + Win10

firefox_2GwFAeKtTl

1 Like

Mohamad I am using favorites in my key organisation wiki and its a real test in that environment. One of the first things I did was create a favourites folder of Daily Getting Started" and “All day Items” but quickly discovered I cant have the same link in two places, which is a great feature, except when you don’t want it.

I am not asking for a fix, there are other workarounds like baskets just sharing an observation from the coal face.

I am not sure if I follow you. The folder are created internally using serial numbers, so you can have several folders with the same name or any name as the folder you see is actually the caption of that tiddler (acts as a folder)

I am not talking about the folders but the contents the favourite.

• Create two favourites folders one “All Day” and an aother “Getting Started”
  • Now lets say you have a tiddler “Today”, drag and drop it on “Getting started” favorite folder
  • But now you “Also” want it in “All Day” Drag “Today” again from the story to “All Day” favorites folder, It works but is removed from the “Getting Started” folder.

In conclusion a favorite can in only be placed in one favourite folder at a time.

That’s right! You cannot add an item (a tiddler) to two folders at the same time.

It might be more friendly to add a hint when clicked

Hi @oeyoews
When you put the mouse over the heart icon, it shows a small tooltip: Add to favorites and Remove from favorites

Isn’t it enough?

Favorites 4.7.4

Favorites plugin has got a new update

Release 4.7.4

• Oct 7th, 2022
  • [NEW] The alt+click is a secret shortcuts to open a favorites tiddler items (all tiddlers in that folder) when one clicks on the slider button
  • [NEW] The shortcuts can be configured from Favorites settings
  • [FIXED] Expand/Collapse folders is more logical now.
  • [FIXED] Docs improved.

Release 4.7.3

• Aug 29th, 2022
  • [NEW] Folder slider button is draggable and one can drag the content of folder to another folder or another Tiddlywiki

Release 4.7.2

• Aug 27th, 2022
  • [NEW] Folder tiddler UI shows a slider to list filtered items before add/remove
  • [FIXED] Folder tiddler UI accpets drag and drop below and above items and also after last item

Release 4.7.1

• Aug 25th, 2022
  • [NEW] The ctrl+click is a secret shortcut to open a favorites tiddler when one clicks on the slider button
  • [NEW] A new viewtemplate to render the favorites folder
  • [NEW] Bulk operation on folder (add, remove items) when folder is open in story river
  • [FIXED] Plugin description updated
  • [FIXED] Issues on collapsed all
  • [FIXED] The docs updated

Never enough unless TW can auto-make me tea in the morning :slight_smile:

@inmysocks did a lot on automation, though as yet I do NOT have a TiddlyWiki TeasMaid …

Favorites Plugin 4.8.0

A new update has been pushed to GitHub

Code and demo

Release 4.8.0

• Dec 16th, 2022
  • [NEW] Updated to Tiddlywiki 5.2.4
  • [NEW] Option to add folder at the top or bottom of folder list
  • [NEW] The link title for every folder is customizable.
  • [NEW] The link title for items can be customized globally
  • [FIXED] WikiWords (e.g. links by CamelCase) are now disabled in the folder title. The below tiddlers updated
  • [FIXED] Empty caption field for folder is handled correctly now.
  • [FIXED] On bulk add/append, items are removed from old folders if any

Release 4.8.2

1 Like