Export to Evernote

Hope this is not cursing in the church like we Dutch say, but is there a way
to export (some) tiddlers to Evernote?
Thanks!

Ray

Ray I have some memory of this, however a good way to help us help you, would be for you to find out what Evernote can import.

For example “oneNote” can surely import Microsoft word documents (as HTML files) and possibly csv, both are formats tiddlywiki can export, thus if Evernote imports them great.

One of the first things to try is drag and drop and copy and paste, and I am sure the community can help you develop that further.

Hi

Well Evernote can import .html files but makes an attachment in the note out of it.
Not what i want.
.txt files can be imported and then the text is a note.
So if i could convert/export TW notes to .txt i might be helped.

If you only have a few tiddlers, then maybe run your TW under node and then use the Evernote clipper to select and save the tiddler as a note.

Ray

Its being sometime since I used Evernote but I recall one of its key features was being able to capture content from almost anywhere. When partnered with tiddlywiki, that can be used to present information in almost unlimited ways I am sure we can “make your dreams come true”.

This is more about your content and the workflow you use to copy, in my view, and how you want to do it.

I could give you a button that copies the tiddler text to a clipboard but the wiki text will not be interpreted, you can export as text, or print to a generic text printer which will remove wiki markup, you can copy as html (page or snipit) and even get a button to do this and transfer all the formatting.

The next step is to try and reduce the number of options and focus on a few that you would like to use, and ideally keep as much information and formatting as you can.

Over to you

Well, if you could make a button that would save each tiddler (from a filter) to a seperate .txt file per tiddler then that would be great.
I have 500 Journal tiddlers i would like in Evernote.
Importing seperate .txt files (the plain body text) is what i need now.
Thanks for offering your help!

Ray

Ok Ray, you wish is my command, however I think we can do better than that.

First, have you tried selecting the tiddlers using a filter in advanced search, then using the export button to export as tid files? Other fields will be included but it is effectively a text export.

I believe the best way to do this is to make a new export template and since this may be a one off or occasional step perhaps you just need the steps to do this, rather than making a full User interactive solution?

See ## Creating a custom export format

However a quick look I found the following which is the appropriate template ## $:/core/templates/plain-text-tiddler

If this has not being done before (unlikely) it should be quite quick to do it now.

i’ll be back!

Please find attached a Text exporter

Text exporter.json (316 Bytes)

This makes the text export available on tiddlers, in the advanced search and sidebar controls.

However multiple tiddlers are exported as a single file, and their title is not included.

So I created another exporter to include the title;
title-and-text-exporter.json (573 Bytes)

Now I need to

• find out how to split into separate files. I think this needs to be done through a zip file.
  • Wikify the text first and export the text result in another exporter (Removing the markup)
  • Do the same but export html snipits for rich text formatting in another exporter
  • Do the same but export full html pages/documents for rich text formatting in another exporter
  • Do the same but export full html documents as Microsoft documents (html format) in another exporter.

I’ll be back!

1 Like

WOW this is great news!
The export to a single txt file works already!
Very Nice!
Thank you for your work and if it is possible to split them tiddlers in single files than that would be awesome.
I was struggling with the export template myself as well but didnt understand how it works.
Waiting patiently for your results :slight_smile:
Thanks again!

Ray

Ray,

You will need to install the core plugin JSZip Control panel > Plugins > Get More Plugins > Open plugin Library > Search > Zip

I plan top do more, to professionalise it, you but if you install the attached tiddler, look at the bottom where the macro is called and change the filter therein, it should do what you want.

Zip Text tiddlers.json (1.0 KB)

Hi

Thank you!
i made a filter [tag[Journal]] And 500 tiddlers are displayed.
However the zipfile only contains 0’byte files…
What is wrong?

Ray

Ray,

Sorry to hear. I tested this on a copy of tiddlywiki.com

I posted my last reply late before bed so you would have something to work with, I did not not have the chance to review it in detail. I think perhaps you may be missing the template I gave in an earlier step $:/PSaT/templates/plain-text-tiddler
plain-text-tiddler.tid (143 Bytes)

Otherwise I would be guessing;

If the fault persists we need to do one of the follwing;

• You would need to provide more information about the fault, not just the files are empty, try some of you own diagnostics
  • Make an arrangement to share your wiki (confidentially) so I can look.

YES!!! The template was missed by me!
Thank you VERY much for this wonderful solution!!

Ray

Glad I could help ray.

It was a test for me for something’s I thought I knew, and it’s led me down some useful paths.

1 Like