Does order within a filter run affect speed?

These just look wrong :thinking: :eyes:

It is acturally `[all[tiddlers]sameday:created[${date}]]` , and ${ } is tempate literal variable in ES6, not tw syntax.

1 Like

No, normally your filter will use [all[tiddler] as start, or omit it means use it by default, which exclude the system tiddlers.

I have even more of system tiddlers , because I have many plugins.

1 Like

I have no idea what this means?

Hi @TW_Tones the ${variable} syntax is the JavaScript way of doing string substitution. I think @linonetwo is using it to programmatically generate filters for testing purposes.

thanks! i’d assumed there would be no difference, and in chrome/firefox there isn’t, but there is some bug specific to safari that really slows down the refresh if !is[system] is omitted from a many-result filter (i.e. that cannot be limited) and that tiddler is open. even then it’s only noticeable when editing (another tiddler or another section) in section editor and streams, not in the standard editor.

really glad to come across your comment and to find that !is[system] works around this for safari users (i.e. safari refresh speed becomes comparable to chrome/firefox). for other users in the same boat (i.e. seeing slowdown of the sort shown in the gifs Performance issues in Safari for Section Editor and Streams - #6 by makiaea), other workarounds i’ve used previously are to “fold” the section that includes the filter when not in use; to use sensible filter limits if possible; or something like !days:modified[-440] which omits large groups of tiddlers (and a separate tiddler, not opened regularly, for the full filter when required)

I learn today this is called “Filter push down” or “predicate push down” in SQL, from Support push-down filters on vss indices · Issue #2 · asg017/sqlite-vss · GitHub

When I try to add vector search to TidGi for tiddlywiki.